Been gone a while

I am returning to the game and am not sure where to begin again. I completed the Dragonflight stuff but am only ilvl 400. Where would be a good place to start the game again?

I’m not exactly sure how long you have been gone, what you mean by “start the game again”, or what you are aiming to do.

Complicating things more, we have a patch dropping tomorrow with updates that we don’t really know much about, since it wasn’t previewed on PTR.

As a 70 with starter gear (400) I would normally suggest that you

1. farm Events and
  2. Dungeons to get your gear up towards 450.
  3. Then run all wings of LFR and see how RNG treats you, and
  4. maybe, if you can, get into a couple of low M+ dungeons.
  5. And pick up your bonus at the end of the week from the Great Vault.

But depending how far back you go, none of that may make sense to you. :smiley:

First, let’s check that you even qualify for Events. I can’t see your armoury - is that a Classic-Era 70? - so I can’t check from here. Have you completed the achievements for questing around all zones, so that you see World Quests in the map? They will be small circles across the map of the Dragon Isles.

If you can’t see World Quests, then you haven’t completed the zones and presented yourself to Alexstrasza at the top of the Seat of the Aspects. So, whatever else, you really need to do that first.

Then there are two Events that can score you some quick upgrades. The Dreamsurge event, which is in Thaldraszus today but will move tomorrow, gives you a quest to collect 100 Coalescence, and rewards currency for an upgradeable 424 piece, with the 100 Coalescence buying an upgradeable 415 piece.

Then the Emerald Dream weeklies reward 3 441 pieces.

Those two Events will take about an hour each. And since weekly reset is in the morning, you can do them both today and tomorrow.

And from tomorrow, Normal and Heroic Dungeons reward higher level gear, though I don’t yet know exactly what ilevel.

So that’s your grind for next week! :smiley:

It’s a very general recommendation. Do please ask for more specific information if you can supply more direction.

1 Like