Been gone a while

How’s the expansion?

1 Like

Hail Khan.

The talent changes are interesting. I’ve been experimenting play with the different classes and finding love for them again.

Lore for Orc Priests is also something enjoyable, imo. Instead of hearing the call of the elements, it’s a song. A song of our ancestors? Of our people? I cannot say, for I am a warrior.

I have yet to touch the Dragon Isles. Life has kept me busy. The Trading post is good. They have a flail weapon.

1 Like

I think pvp is still the devil.

2 Likes

It’s fun enough. I personally don’t care much for dragon lore so the story hasn’t meant much to me, but the Centaur Plains and Azure Span zones are really great from a immersion perspective.

I hated Waking Shore, it’s such a chore, an overwhelming bore. And I still haven’t played through the final zone. I greatly dislike all of the dungeons, they feel clunky and don’t play very well for my tastes.

They continue the problem of making questing gear all look the same so gear wise I haven’t seen anything that really stands out, especially with the emphasis on Transmogging now.

Drak’thyr Evokers are not the best, they’re meh healers and meh DPS, and I still think they need a tank spec via using spells to bolster their melee.

Crafting is a intimidating mess and I hate it. There’s no need for it to be this weird and convoluted but hey they had to chase Final Fantasy’s MMO so meh. I don’t plan on using it.

Dragon riding is fun but I prefer normal flying. Letting us have both styles should be the way forward as I see how Dragon Riding can greatly improve the game overall but I LIKE no-clipping through the air and hovering.

Voice acting is a little wonky. It definitely doesn’t feel as top quality as BfA or past quality levels. There’s a lot of…eh to it.

The important thing is that it FEELS natural to World of Warcraft, and isn’t another ‘DOOMSDAAAY’ scenario that we have to save the world from. There’s certainly villains that need to be stopped but most quests are not focused on ‘if we don’t gather sixty Gnoll teeth and 35 poop berries THE WORLD WILL END’. Centaurland and Azure Span have very well written and cohesive storylines. Waking Shore is just dumb. I run out of focus to continue playing the expansion after I finish with Azure Span and just go off to do old content (Dragon City layout is dumb). And there’s so much focus on SOUP and DOGS.

As a person that does not like soup and is a cat person, it’s a little eh for me, personally.

But overall it’s a GOOD expansion. Most of the problems I have with it are just personal gripes. It made the game feel alive again and is sweeping the bad juju of Shadowlands and the ending of BfA out the door, so that is what counts.

2 Likes

the only issue i have is the lack of acquirable mogs (probably dumping it all in the Trading Post) and how profession recipes are locked behind 22 levels of rep with different factions

2 Likes

Welcome back Nakhu!

No more borrowed powers! You can hit 70 and just do the content you like! No grinding a currency to make this thing or grinding to get conduit powers, you can just hit 70 and go go go!

Love the return of talent trees! I don’t care about number crunching spreadsheet stuff on Icy Veins and whatever, I spec what is fun for me and go wild! I can spec to be MW healer or I can spec to be a Fistweaver healer! I am very happy with the flexibility provided by talent trees!

I’ve been really enjoying mythics! Hit 1700 last night!

I can’t speak for gearing in PVP but for just casual or PVE it’s not too bad to get your character into the 380s. It does sound like dragon flight has breathed some life into warmode considering the amount of threads we’ve been getting regarding the topic of WPVP. I don’t think I ever saw a blip about it in shadowlands.

The renown grind is also nice because it’s at your own pace and mostly cosmetic rewards. So you don’t have to go no lifer at it and hit a certain point for your character to be viable to do the content you want. There’s also some catch up mechanics for alts but I haven’t really played any alts so not super sure how it all pans out.

I like Dragon flying! I had a lot of fun at the start of the expansion exploring and looking for glyphs. It also makes farming mining and herb nodes more fun. There Blizz team did a great time designing the Isles, a lot of fun little things you can find. Found a BBQ, a beach party, a surfing minigame and a snowball fight with Tuskaar children. It’s a very fun world that finally feels alive and fleshed out.

Professions are a bit of a miss, I am an engineer so it’s whatever to me, I don’t make money at this profession. Gathering has been better and I made quite a bit of gold, prices are starting to drop but I’m still bringing in a few thousand gold from just casual farming nodes.

Knowledge system is a little weird, there isn’t a catch up so try to do the weekly if you can. You can submit personal orders to yourself from an alt to get the crafting order quest complete.

It can also be a bit overwhelming, there’s also some annoyances with stuff that you used to get by default blocked by a knowledge grind.

Otherwise, I really like this expansion! I been doing random achievements like PETTING ALL THE DOGS! MOST IMPORTANT PET THE GOOD BOIS!

4 Likes

Fun expansion so far. Ride a dragon, kill dragons, be a dragon – or all 3 of those things.

New class is pretty fun. DPS is B to A tier, Heals is S-tier, only under Druids.

I’ve been maining a Forsaken monk. Fistweaving is fun.

White and gray items now moggable, trading post bonanza (if it’s not glitched for you, hopefully fix inc for all who can’t get the currency!), talent system revamp, Kaluaks are kalu-back and there’s a lot of crafting stuff that I don’t know enough about.

The new log-in screen music is cool. The new main city is far, far better than Bore-ibos was.

Welcome back!

3 Likes

PvP has been a ton of fun this expansion. Solo Shuffle, while the queues are rough for dps, has been a fantastic way to spend my time while I’m farming or just walking around town.

I’ve historically been nothing but a prot warrior whether it’s pvp, pve, or rp. More of a world pvper than anything or Wintergrasp back in the day. But man, SS and just the state of pvp has convinced me to go arms and I’ve been having a blast learning how to dps. Even pve dps has been fun - haven’t really done it at all since I started playing nearly 20 years ago.

Dragonflight is a huge win for me. The story isn’t intrusive like Shadowlands was. The Dragon Isles are just…here. I don’t have to care about the story and can just do my own thing in them. This is the most fun I’ve had since Legion.

I am right there with you honestly.

I haven’t done much in Dragon Isles to be completely honest, was just back there last night to get stuff done for trading post and then back to old content.

I quit around the start of BfA, came back a but for SL (like 2 days) and was gone the rest so I am playing catch up on the last two expansions. I like having talent trees back and am still playing around with a build that works well for me, the profession changes intimidate me greatly and I am leaning towards dumping enchanting and picking up another gathering prof just to not have to bother.

Great expansion!

1 Like

You can also probably bang one in Goldshire.

You can also be vore’d by one on MG, thow their TRP said they prefer elves so you might have to reroll if you aren’t one.

1 Like

Well, yes, this one right here.

– Sef

^ So much this. SO MUCH. I feel like a tank spec that uses a classic beefy Drakonid model as a tanking form that gets bolstered by dragonflight magic (kind of a mix between bear form and DH meta) would have fixed so many issues and calmed so many people’s issues with the race’s look.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I resubbed and bought the xpac. So far so good, not that I’m very far along, mind you. Now to decide if if I stay Horde or RP a dark iron mercenary who’s background I developed a while ago…

1 Like

If I may make a suggestion?

With Dragon Riding, don’t follow the quests, go looking for the Coins floating in the air, in ruined towers and above specific landmarks as quickly as you can.

Once you start getting a bunch under your belt, Dragonflying goes from Flappy Bird to Rocket Man in terms of fun.

Build up enough momentum and then …

4 Likes

Oh this is good advice!

It was one of the first things I did, I didn’t use any guides and I had a lot of fun exploring and collecting them along the way! Yet if you want them sooner than later you can look up guides, like Gentarn said, it’s sometimes kinda obvious were you are going to find them. Oh that really tall mountain or really tall tower? Probably has a glyph in it.

Also there’s so many quests! You can follow the main story quests and get 70 no problem but I basically did everything so I was 70 before I got Thaldrazzus lmao.

If you have a gathering profession you can also get a boatload of EXP from some of the more rarer node spawns. After I collected all the glyphs I did a lot of node farming and got two levels from just doing that (and a buncha gold when prices were insane LOL!)

1 Like

If you do every quest in each zone, you’ll easily hit 70 at the end of Centaurland or at the very start of Azure Span. Then its just raking in that sweet quest gold and quest gear until you reach the end of the solo content.

1 Like

Welcome back!

Enjoying the expansion so far. It feels like the spark is back in WoW. This game always about the spirit of heroism and adventure for me, dating back to being a kiddo being absolutely floored by how big the zones were and all we can find in them. Dragonflight brings back that feeling of exploration.

The company also cleaning up its act (albeit slowly and with recent drawbacks) is also a huge plus for me.

1 Like

Hey Nahku,

I like to think of myself as always seeing the best in WoW. That being said, Dragonflight is truly a paradigm shift for Blizzard in how they’re handling expansions. I think, with all the criticism with Shadowlands and the scandals of 2020, Blizzard did an overhaul on their philosophy of the game.

I just finished all the main quests and it’s very good.
There are some PvP world quest areas that are a ton of fun
I’ve done a couple of dungeons and they’re enjoyable.

Professions have never been something I’ve really tried but DF really really changed how they work. They’re seriously fun. I find myself trying to craft at least every other play sesh.

I will say that this is a much more engaging expansion than Shadowlands. I don’t share the huge critiques that people throw at that expansion, but Dragonflight is a step up and it can’t be ignored.

So I say- Damn good. The expansion is damn good.

1 Like