Been away for the most part of the last 6 or 8 months. Coming back. Need help with faction class and server

Hi, I have play 90% of all xpan but one and half total and the one was RL back in WLoD, and then couldnt getting into Shadow. So, only played for about 1/3 of it. I have been bouncing around from MMO to MMO trying to find that Vanilla-WotLK feeling. And, I have decide, I am a WoW player. At least until Dune:Awakening (but I am still scared it wouldnt be what I need/want like WoW). I have played DF up to the new tree. So, I am wanting to come back and stay through TWW. So I need a home, and class. I have been looking at Mage (arcane), Hunter or something that isnt to broke, I love a challenge and learning to play unusual classes/spec but I want to be able to see end game and look towards raids. But I am not a World first or super hardcore. And I am not one that is upset at wipe after wipe as long as we are learning and it isnt a Leeroy Jenkins moment (at least not more then 1 time). I am pretty laid back, and go with the winds. So any help on where to start, Server as far as faction (and a good suggestion to faction, because I am really torn. I played a undead mage in Vanilla-WotLK. and then messed with both ally and horde pally and hunter). I have always wanted to play Rogue (not sure how I would do with sneak sneak stab) or Shammy or Druid, but not sure.

So, faction and a server where that faction rules or is at least 50/50. and then class recommendations.

Thank you.

i think I will be going mage or warlock.

Realms’ relative size and faction balance here

https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

and here

https://raider.io/realms/north-america

Keep in mind that the few very largest realms may see lag and some downtime and queues at the start of a new expansion, so if that is a big problem for you, you might want to drop down a couple of rungs from the top.

But in the coming expansion, TWW, you can join a guild on any realm and any faction, so that somewhat takes the pressure off realm choice.

For classes, all I can suggest is keep an eye on YouTube for news about class changes. It’s too early to consider any class final yet.