Beast Mastery Hunter Class Set Tuning – March 8

We’re currently working on the following adjustment to Beast Mastery Hunter’s 4-piece set bonus, which we intend to make live with scheduled weekly maintenance on Tuesday, March 8 in this region.

• (4) Set Bonus: The set bonus now reads as – Kill Command critical hits empower your next Cobra Shot or Multi-Shot, increasing the damage and cooldown reduction of Cobra Shot by 40% or causing Multi-Shot to grant an additional 6 seconds of Beast Cleave.

We are adding additional functionality to the 4-piece bonus for Beast Mastery Hunters. When your Kill Command critically strikes, it now empowers either your next Cobra Shot with the existing functionality, or causes your next Multi-Shot to cause your next Beast Cleave to last 6 seconds longer. This should allow you to focus more on Barbed Shot, Cobra Shot, and Kill Command in AoE situations and worry less about using a Multi-Shot every 4 seconds to keep the Beast Cleave buff active.

3 Likes

what is this ???

• (4) Set Bonus: The set bonus now reads as – Kill Command critical hits empower your next Cobra Shot or Multi-Shot, increasing the damage and cooldown reduction of Cobra Shot by 40% or causing Multi-Shot to grant an additional 6 seconds of Beast Cleave.
    this is NOT adding aoe potential as what was said in the previous post. this is essentially useless except adding a few more kc in between multishots…
14 Likes

when we have more of 4 target is better for aoe to used multishot that cobra shot. this change only give more single target not more aoe what kind of change is this ?

5 Likes

It does not address the problem with the 4pc bonus that was reported. Venthyr BM does not work with this scenario from a mechanical perspective. Unfortunately, it isn’t hyperbole, isn’t being listened to, and is not understood by the developers. At all.

I can’t say I am even appreciative of a fix that doesn’t actually fix the problem.

It was mentioned here in the previous tier feedback thread, not responded to, and not even acknowledged, or I suspect read: Hunter Tier Set Fixes
Or here in the PTR thread: PTR Class Set Feedback: Hunter

tap tap tap Is this thing on?

10 Likes

i don’t know what i expected.gif

4 Likes

Uh . . . great. But I still have to basically choose between Night Fae and Necrolord now. As a devout Venthyr Hunter, I’m stuck have to pick whether I use Flayed Shot (with the legendary I will acquire as my second legendary, so I know you know I’m supposed to use it) and use Kill Shot procs or to use KC as much as possible to get the benefits of my tier set (which you also know I’m supposed to want to use). Please make Kill Shot off the GCD if you’re going to do this so we don’t have to sacrifice one or the other.

It’s nice that this makes the 4 part marginally useful? But since we want to use Killer Cobra in Single Target, the cd reduction is kinda wasted during our most impactful times to gain a set bonus. We don’t have the focus generation to really sustain the benefits of the 2-piece. And it hasn’t actually given us an increase to our AoE damage. Just convenience. Getting KC in AoE is kinda like getting Cobra Shot in AoE, it’s not really doing anything. This isn’t even a band-aid.

4 Likes

there was multiple different areas where they couldve went for the 4 set at minimum, the 4 piece needed a COMPLETE REVAMP, but we get the same thing with the option of multishot adding some time to beast cleave which if your at least decent you can maintain that easily like 80% of the time…

3 Likes

MM: can continue to do full st rotation and gain FULL aoe capability, which is now buffed even more by 2pc
BM: can continue to do a bit more of its st rotation, though still occasionally casting multishot, in order to deal slightly LESS aoe dmage (due to less multi)?

Dead on arrival.

20 Likes

Either off the GCD or they make the Kill Shot proc stack so you can use it outside of Cobra Shot procs while not losing the Kill Shot procs. It’s a travesty that the fixes are doubling down on the fact that both versions break Venthyr hunters without realizing the real problem.

6 Likes

This is basically useless.

This is the worst, of the worst possible change that could of been implemented. Over a week since the last post, and months of feedback and this is the best you could give us? Even a flat % increase on multi-shot after KC crit would of been better… has this even been tested?

18 Likes

maybe in thier private servers but definitely not on ptr

• (4) Set Bonus: The set bonus now reads as – Kill Command critical hits empower your next Cobra Shot or Multi-Shot, increasing the damage and cooldown reduction of Cobra Shot by 40% or causing Multi-Shot to grant an additional 6 seconds of Beast Cleave.> Blockquote

This is not a good change. We’re pretty behind in damage in general. ST & AOE but especially AOE. All this does is give us a very small damage increase to our main target in cleave situations only.

What are you guys thinking with this? If Cobra Shot is getting a damage increase in addition to the CD reduction, why isn’t Multi-Shot also getting a (LARGE) damage increase in addition to the additional seconds? Even that is pretty weak though.

Edit: And if we’re doing cleave, we’re playing MM anyway, so there’s no point.

Do better.

8 Likes

Quoting from the previous post:

“We have read your posts outlining some issues you have with your upcoming Set Bonuses with regards to AoE damage.”

The proposed changes do nothing for AoE at all, it simpy allows a smaller loss of damage to your main target while AoEing since you don’t need to hit Multi-Shot so often anymore.

This is a bit strange, because the ST portion of the set is already very weak. So currently it puts BM on a very weird place of having no competitive ST damage or competitive AoE damage.

6 Likes

Still not addressing the issue with the 2 pc and the new 4 pc is a quality of life buff, but a negligible dps buff.

Honestly, it just seems like whoever designed these set bonuses and their interaction is just die-hard sticking with it, despite all of the issues. Grow up and admit when you’re wrong already.

12 Likes

Literally not aoe damage. This is more single target.

8 Likes

right? you think in 10.0 there’s any chance of them hiring a dev who plays a hunter as their main?

we should’ve seen the signs in pre-patch between the rez pet cast timer increase/spirit heal nerf/ill-advised forced hunter’s mark (that they eventually had to row back on). this dev team don’t play hunter; at best one of the interns has an SV alt, at worst they balance the class around how annoying they find us in arenas.

3 Likes

what is even the use of hunters mark anyways in pve situations?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/800596040830418967/949455251356930098/unknown.png

1 Like

You forgot to add to the 4piece

“… and Kill Command is now replicated through Beast Cleave.”

That would do the trick.

8 Likes

This doesn’t address our aoe damage it just frees up some globals to sneak in a tiny bit more single target damage in aoe scenarios. Either make it buff beast cleave instead of just extend its duration(ie have multi shot give a giant mastery increase for the duration of the beast cleave or have beast cleave apply a bleed to targets it hits) or if you want us to be a true single target spec then give us some funnel in aoe scenarios. Maybe have each target struck by beast cleave reduce the cooldown of kill command. Hunter’s lack the utility of classes that do the same or more damage. Please don’t be afraid to give us some real damage. Thanks!

6 Likes