Beast Mastery Dance of Death Crit Build

thrill is bad as it only effects certain things and it does NOT apply to your pet. If it was flat crit it would likely be good.

Yea wondering if that build shifts the dmg to the hunter rather than pet. Probably only good single target.

the build is fine for multi-target as well, nothing changes damage away from that your pet will still be between 50 and 60% of your overall damage.

It’s additive, 20% → 40%, at least according to the in-game tooltip for Wild Call itself, which shows it as a 40% chance with OwtP talented:

1 Like

People are finally catching up with this build or it seems like.

And yeah is still pretty good even in Mythic+, tho i must say that the highest rated BM hunters are still using the 3 Primal Instincts with 1 Rapid Reload.

What i find wierd is that you check high players they mostly stack Haste, some Mastery and others Crit in the top 20 of BM Hunters in RaiderIO.

At the end all this is good for the spec because it gives more “options” to a spec that really lacks it. Still wish to see more options from the Talents too.

How is this for arena though?

Well the 3 pi with 1 rr is good for aoe where as the DOD build is a raid build. The DOD build works in m+ but when people talk about bis they refer to raiding.

One with the Pack already existed in Legion, and it work additively, and it was the best talent for a while, so it’s been used a lot and tested a lot. We’re 100% sure it works correctly. It got nerfed in BfA, but not broken.

Based on how it worked in Legion you need to have about 40% crit chance to really notice how much more often wild call procs.

I know this is an old thread, but it’s the only one I could find on the topic at hand. I noticed all of the top-simming BM hunters were wearing the exact same azerite pieces: Soulscarred Headgear/Cannoneer’s Mantle/Mistfire Rainment. I started simming, and sure enough all 3 pieces with Dance of Death, One with the pack trait, and heavy crit gear outsimmed my current build by a large margin. I thought I was doing well with Soulscarred/Ancestral Veng/Hexxer’s Vestments with chimera. I’m currently simming 26,608 (can’t drop a weapon over 400 to save my life), but switching to the 410 spyglass over 425 claw, 410 murky ring over socketed 410 haste/mastery, and the cannoneer/mistfire combo would bring my sims up to 26,976. Almost 400 dps gain. That’s a pretty significant gain at my current 415 ilvl. Plus it’s one less button in your rotation without chimera
 In conclusion, it looks like I should have been using my residuum on Cannoneer shoulders instead of the Hexxer’s Vestments. Now do i save or try my luck on getting the shoulders? haha.

your call. I sim just north of 28k in my 413 gear.