Bearded lady dwarves!

Don’t think it has been part of WoW’s lore before. It’s from other places. I want to say DnD, but DnD are a bit whisywashy about it. Sometimes they grow beards there, and sometimes they do not.

4 Likes

yeah but world of warcraft was not written by tolkien, that was lord of the rings/hobbit/simarillien, etc.

4 Likes

Well you can believe what you want but I’m pretty sure it’s in there.

News flash honey, dwarves have had beards in fantasy for a long time and bearded ladies been around for quite some time.

9 Likes

You don’t say.

2 Likes

It is heavily inspired by LotR, DnD and EQ.

1 Like

this person said that its not, though.

1 Like

Hold on let me find it.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Dwarf#:~:text=Most%20female%20dwarves%20do%20not,during%20the%20Blump%20fishing%20challenge.

" A female dwarf with a beard is referenced in a quest in World of Warcraft as well, during the Blump fishing challenge. Graun Blump is said to have a beard."

14 Likes

yeah but if world of warcraft is inspired by lord of the rings, that doesn’t obligate wow developers to follow Lord of the Rings lore to a tee, though.

1 Like

Dwarves are just from Norse folklore.

2 Likes

Not a real student of fantasy writing, are ya.

I am guessing these are the same people upset about body type 1 and 2 change.

9 Likes

They aren’t obligated, but they have and still are following some of it.

My take on this: people want it because they enjoy known dwarven fantasy. Not just in wow but many of the tales they know of them. At least this is true to me. It’s not even far fetched stuff…

It’s a beard

1 Like

yeah, so there really is no reason for this to be put into the game

1 Like

There absolutely is.

6 Likes

Btw check out the tid bit I added above. It has been referenced it looks like so…

1 Like

Wow dwarfs fem body types gets beard before troll males… i mean good for them dwarfs do deserve beards for both body types but my troll. My troll needs some love too

no, there isn’t… world of warcraft doesn’t have to follow all of tolkien’s lore

1 Like

I never said it followed all of it, but it is here. You only can control not putting a beard on a female Dwarf. Let others have fun.

2 Likes

Stop feeding it.

8 Likes

Why do you hate it so much? Not like you have to play it.