Bear tank is still very weak

no sane bear is running the 20% DR rune, mostly because it shares a slot with windfury

horde bears are :slight_smile:

Feral Charge has a minimum range and a longer c/d. The rune is good, it is just not at the same power level as every other class so it feels underwhelming. It should probably lock out casting for at least 4 seconds, ideally 6 since feral charge is 4 already and runes should be better not worse than baseline vanilla. Also the cost should be 0 rage so you can use it to initiate or intervene freely. Being 10 rage when feral charge is 5 is…a thing they did.

No they’re not. Nothing hits hard enough to justify it, and it just makes the rage starvation worse.

Okay, I won’t lie, that was a fantastic response.

It’s a start.

Now we just need Lacerate/Mangle and SOTF/Wild Strikes to not share a rune slot.

4 Likes

yes so much, I 100% agree with ur post

I doubt they’ll go that far but now I see light at the end of the tunnel.

This is your problem, use less mit gain more rage.

The reason you dont see them is because every druid is either balance or resto because those specs are extremely good in Either PvP or PvE right now. Also most people just dont want to tank.

so can warriors lol. ill agree they are much worse in raid but theyre gods in dungeons if played right.

If you have to take off gear just for your class to function properly, that sounds pretty broken to me.

I’m not even “using mit”, I’m just wearing regular dps leather gear.

that’s how classic rage works, you want more rage, lower your armor.

So I know I have been the guy complaining about Bear tank issues for 2+months now… And as glad as I am we have had some of our more major issues fixed…

I can’t help but point out the SoD team really needs to look at lacerate being able to be taken at the same time as mangle… as of right now with these changes it makes lacerate EVEN MORE of a terrible choice… now we will just use swipe to fill our rotation when mangle is on CD and we have excess rage… this is the role the lacerate ability had when it was added in TBC and the only role it is really suited for…

LACERATE IS NOT A STAND ALONE TANK ABILITY… it is a filler

also I would very much like to point out and ask blizzard why bears are unable to use their SOTF rune and WS rune at the same time?

Windfury does not work on a feral druid only wild strikes… so in order to get WS on your bear tank he must either NOT run his tanking rune… or have a Cat in the same group (Group wide buff not raid wide) and for 10m content this really kinda pigeon holes bears…

We have a dead a*s rune slot for our legs as bears atm… why not move SOTF to the legs? I honestly dont understand why this hasnt been even looked at yet :confused:

I posted this as a stand alone but I felt like it needed to be here as well

1 Like

yes, however with proper playstyle and gearing it is not needed.

So why do warriors not have to do that, hm? On my warrior I never had to “lower my armor” to generate more rage.

1 Like

Warriors at this level have less rage issues and when they do have the issues they just dont use a shield.

Warriors dont usually have these issues due to you having much less base armor value than a bear.

Correct. Warriors don’t have rage issues, they don’t have to take off equipment to generate an adequate amount of rage.

Yes, even with a shield on, I still generate more rage than bears.

how is new swipe?

Nobody knows yet, Aggrend is making us wait until the 20th to see.

1 Like