Be A Sprite Darter! [Entire Mog Set for 300k gold!?]

As long as in-game armor sets are still cool, and the store ones are more kitschy, I’m not overly bothered.

It works well so far with the store mounts. Some of them are alright, but none are really cooler than anything in-game, IMO.

If it becomes like the ESO cash shop though, where the coolest stuff is in-store only, then that will probably kill my love of the game as it did with that one.

2 Likes

I’ve spent way too much on Mogstation over the years because FFXIV sets are usually really well done, entirely just for optional cosmetics, and glam is the real end-game. My first thought on this was that it looks like a weird rip of the Titania Mheg glam you can buy on Mogstation.

It’s nice Blizz is doing this more, but it still won’t change the fact that most of their armors are just texture paints and not full meshes which is what makes so many FF glams so beautiful (and moddable but shh). If Blizz does start making more fully 3D assets, I could see this stuff going over well enough but $20 is pretty oof for what you’re getting, token or not. Only mounts cost that much on Mogstation. Or a wedding.

4 Likes

Blizzard: We can’t open up transmog restrictions as a free for all. You need to stop requesting that we allow Mages to wear plate because we don’t care how much Battle Mage makes sense, people need to, something something class identify, something something else.

Also Blizzard:
Here’s some footie pj’s and a sprite darter costume.

4 Likes

my wallet breathed a sigh of relief when it saw what the new transmog set looks like

1 Like

This Paladin will look amazing on that xmog.

That transmog + Kul Tiran male + /dance = hilarious

4 Likes

You know I think Shadowlands is gonna be the last xpac I play safe to say. If this is what they’re gonna be doing. It’s only a matter of time until they start putting realistic cool looking sets in the cash shop.

1 Like

I mean maybe? Even if that’s the case though there’s enough awesome looking gear in the game that I don’t think I’d be tempted to pay for them anyways.

I always knew the sprite darters would be the reason for WoW finally dying

never did trust them in tirisfal glades and their weird freaky mushroom dance

2 Likes

Put the outfit on.

Armory won’t update.

I am telling on you and your blood elf friends for tackling me and shoving me in the PJs.

At least there was a butt flap for your tail. And butt.

I only wish the vulpera I’d mogged in on were updated enough to post and show all of you.

Once you see how cute she is, you’ll know this is an excellent timeline.

This is a good point. I’m a sucker for silly novelty things, and generally feel that’s the sort of vibe the cash shop should stick to. Sick armor and nasty weapons belong on loot tables.

Also, farmable shinies will have to remain enticing. I can’t be the only one who mainly plays to hoard them all.

1 Like

I think they’d do well to make these outfits an expanded sort of set. You’re paying a premium for them, after all.

The gloves are actually quite plain, which is nice but the fancy bits would be good without being tied to the shirt as well, they could be bracers or part of the glove itself – but I’d prefer all of the above… give us a few variants of key pieces to make the entire outfit more useful. For example:

• Standard set
  • Shirt without the extra bits
  • Gloves with the extra bits
  • Belt with the other extra bit
  • Maybe 2 or 3 helm variants

Stuff like that would be cool for these sorts of sets.

1 Like

It’s worth noting that I was running Horseman yesterday and saw a human make that had the transmog and I actually thought he made good use of it. He was only using the chest piece, and the ruffle/fringe around it looks to move with the cloak and appears in top of it. A mog set built around that can, as it turns out, use that to make it look kind of like a mantle around the shoulders.

1 Like

I’m about to drop the $20 just to see how ridiculous it looks on Mechagnomes with their transmog restrictions.

Yeah but you see…

This mog is bad. XD

1 Like

good lord that is the most aggressively ugly armor set that’s ever burned out my retinas

1 Like

I think it looks pretty neat. Especially those wings can be combined with other things.