Be A Sprite Darter! [Entire Mog Set for 300k gold!?]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfgtjZFaVME&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=WorldofWarcraft

Woo, yeah, awesome!

This set is obtainable three different ways!

1. Have a 6mo sub, get it fo free.
  2. Pay $20 at the shop!
  3. Use two wow tokens to give yourself $30 on your account, buy it with that money!

That means an ENTIRE transmog set is like 290,000 gold?

I’ve paid upwards of 200k for a single item of mog. What a steal!

Let’s all get these wings and head out into Warmode! <3

5 Likes

I cannot imagine how stupid all of my trolls and goblins would look in that set. Definitely more suited for elves, I can especially see maybe night elf druids getting mileage out of it.

EDIT: Or, dear God, my Kul’tirans.

3 Likes

Are we approaching that part of the game’s lifespan where Blizzard starts really leaning into cosmetics to scalp a buck?

Edit; Listen, I know i’m being a little pessimistic. It looks neat, I hope people enjoy it. But real dollars for meh transmogs? Ehhhhh.

I gotta double edit now because I actually loaded the video and unless something is like, missing… Wow, we really just making people pay for anything we can huh.

5 Likes

Well, everything that can be bought through the blizzard app can be bought with gold.

Some people paid 5 million gold for an AH mount. I don’t mind paying 300k for fairy dragon mog.

2 Likes

One step closer to my $15 Warden armor

but for real, that looks almost as hideous as the Blizzcon onesie

3 Likes

Hey for all intents and purposes, as a sort of bare minimum, I agree with that assessment. I still gotta call em as I see em.

So if I offer to buy people a pair if they tell me their best worst joke nobody wants sprite darter pjs?

Oh hey I’m finally a golden princess again. The forums really suck at updating mogs lately.

1 Like

Good gravy that outfit is stupid.

I need it.

7 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/NQHgE76.png

All the outfit stuff in recent history is… cool but makes me incredibly wary.

I’m looking at you, Guild Wars 2.

I mean, most of the transmog standalone crowns were pretty mediocre.

If people want to pay for it, more power to them. I don’t have any real complaints here but then again every time they do one of these promotions I get the stuff for free anyways.

Mogo have one word for this… Gross.

5 Likes

I didn’t like the blizzcon onesie but the pants were great.

I don’t really like this set but the gloves are great.
edit: the cuff overlay of the gloves is part of the shirt. The gloves are merely okay.

That’s good enough for me adequate.

Remember the fire folks lit back in Cata over this kind of practice?

Though I will say, if this is finally what lifts the transmog restrictions on armor classes entirely, then maybe we need more goofy armor.

I honestly hope they DO lean into making unique transmog pieces for money.

FFXIV does it and it’s very well received. This is a whole set for 20 bucks or two wow tokens. The value is just ok but if this serves as an outlet for funky/fun sets then so be it. I’d rather see this in the cash shop than either shoved into a shadowlands dungeon where it makes zero sense or to simply never see it at all.

In a perfect world it would cost 15 bucks or maybe even 10, but the main difference between FFXIV and WoW is you can buy this with in game gold. Two tokens isn’t that hard but still, hard to equate the two considering.

Not to mention there are good pieces in this largely silly set, like the pants and shirt. You can get some fun mog pieces without committing to the darter jester look.

My hat is in the ring squarely ‘in favor’.

7 Likes

Black Desert Online does it too and they probably make a decent profit off of it.

For an RP server, I can definitely see this transmog being used in a jester/clown and even bard fashion.

Probably bring a bit more fun and excitement to those Circus RP’s I have seen since I’ve been here.

1 Like

I finally saw it in game and I want to make a new Warmode rogue for them, a nefarious hooded fairy darter.

3 Likes

Frankly I think it’s a sort of symptom rather than a cause. Blizzard are arbitrarily married to transmog restriction, I can’t necessarily be “excited” to catch up on the free to play cosmetic monetization schemes just because it makes the game a bit more modern. BUT, that’s just me.

I don’t know if I can really buy in to the thought process. I don’t, believe it or not, have a much higher respect or tolerance for FFXIV’s cash shop either per se. I don’t think being abke to trade my gold for someone else’s money but in a sanctioned fashion excuses the weird pseudo cash shop model Blizzard has going on. Beyond that though, it looks pretty awful and if people want to spend their money that’s on them.

It’s been a while since I got to be needlessly harsh on Blizzard and this was an easy set up.

1 Like

I think that’s a bit overly simplistic.

If blizzard were abusing the cash shop that’d be a different discussion. And I guess ‘abuse’ in this context is relative, but both FFXIV and WoW add heaps of customization in their games baseline so adding some fun costumes to their respective cash shops occasionally seems just fine. Especially when most customization is themed to the content you’re doing, meaning we would never see a sprite darter costume otherwise (unless blizz takes a sharp right in the story of Shadowlands, idk).

All in all it comes down to personal value, I guess. WoW has always cost $15 a month plus your expac every two years. I feel I get well over the value of $17.50 a month in enjoyment/playtime so I don’t feel burned by a cash shop that has a pretty paltry offering and poorly paced updates that also lets you spend in game gold instead.

1 Like

Is this the armor that’s been hidden in the game files for months?

I have the 6 month sub, my wife will be so happy with this mog :star_struck: