BDK frustration

I haven’t done high keys, but did recently start to tank 18s in mythic plus. Man… it feels totally different from previous iterations. Just feels hollow… I had fun still but holy hell after playing VDH I questioned why I even tried blood dk.

I remember not wanting to play my dk when DF first came out because it didn’t see like the same class after losing so much.

Yeah, it would be awsome.

Maybe they got “scared” of putting Gorefiend’s Grasp baseline cause of the Limb in the other side of the ST? I don’t know.

Personally I would like to see something like Rune Tap go baseline. I love that skill.

Gorefiend baseline, rune tap baseline will change nothing. It won’t solve any of the current bdk issues.

2 Likes

Ok dude.
Yeah I know you. I know that you play M+ at very high level and all.
And cause of that you would need a lot more than that to fell like you’re viable in that level of content.

But that’s why I just put “personally” there.

I’m just an average “mithic raider” (if I even can call myself that lmao), and I do no content that gives no reward so no keys beyond 20’s.

So for me personally those changes would be actually good.

And I’m not sayng that those changes will put DK in the top of the meta or solve all the blood spec ishues, I’m just sayng that it I would like those changes.

Why are u so intense on those posts man :smile:

You will learn on the DK forums, people only care about what they want and an echo chamber to back them up. They dont actually care about the spec.

2 Likes

All of us care, that’s why we play DK and all.
Doens’t mean that DK players have the same oppinion about everything.
If someone disagrees with you, that’s doesn’t mean that much… No need to get mad.

That’s their secret, Captain. They’re always mad.

The main issue is that Gorefiend’s is more of the same. It’s just more exceedingly niche utility on a class that could stand to gain some more universal group utility.

And Rune Tap honestly doesn’t fit for us as a defensive. It went several expansions being practically entirely unused when it was baseline.

That’s part of the overall issue, though. Blood suffers from a lot of older/outdated concepts clinging onto the spec, whether baseline or in talent trees, that are bloat/useless/baseline-boring-but-mandatory.

1 Like

I have a keybind save for Rune Tap even tho I rarely build it into my ST :rofl:
But the last expansion that I play BDK was Legion so…

I just love it, ofc that 40% version of it was way better but it is what it is.

Idk, I always think in ways to use RT for bump the mitigation, I would love if was baseline. Not sayng that would resolve the specs ishues tho.

Altho, I think BDK is really good at mythic raiding rn so no complains of my part… Yet.

What if they changed runetap to make it more viable?

Make it cost 2 runes so it gives us 20 RP. Give it a cool down on whatever is balanced. 20% Damage reduction baseline for 6 seconds, but converts the damage it reduces into an absorb shield after it expires? I am not entirely sure how to make it more viable with how BDK works in general, but just some thoughts.

Side note though, besides making more things baseline, talent changes, and more…

What if they changed our mastery? Instead of getting an absorb shield, what if the mastery was changed to simply damage reduction in general?
After death striking, blood dk takes X% less damage for X amount of seconds? It would need to be balanced, but may make it easier to balance the spec as a whole maybe? This would also help with magic damage as well.

I am not an expert, only just recently started tanking on my blood dk after taking a break from tanking on my warrior, but I really want to see dk shine next xpac.

Ok i might be to intense , if i am being rude, i am sorry. But even if you are playing no keys beyond 20 don’t you feel that you are just witnessing what’s happening to your party?Don’t you feel like a clown pulling 3 caster mobs in a pack? Don’t you feel like you are literally nobraining bosses with 0 party utility? I can imagine even in 20+ fortified ToD casters in the middle room might be a pain in the a$$ if your tank is BDK.

I have no issues with those packs on my BDK, so no idea what you are going on about here.

The blood tree and kit needs to be looked at, but that doesn’t make the class bad right now to tank with either

The issue is - if you are playing BDK in spam caster dungeon you most likely have to play in a comp with a lot of melee interrupts , otherwise there is a chance that there is going to be a feedfest. Don’t tell me that you have no issues playing last pack before 1st boss on Everbloom as BDK , you have nothing to handle 6 casters. The best you can do is to time abom ling for that particular pull and that’s about it. You will have to facetank 6 casters and even if you are chaining cc on fortified weeks or even on high tyrannical weeks this pack is going to live for too long . Eventually 3-5 casts will hit you simultaneously. But at least you are the only target of those casts, now imagine playing ToD packs with casters randomly shooting your teammates. Again , you can chain cc with pugs, sure, might work for like 50% of mobs hp , but then if you don’t have a lot of melee kicks and most likely you don’t someone is going to die for sure .And that is just 3 caster mobs. The pack before last boss with 6 casters is 100% unplayable in BDK comp but at least it’s skippable. BRH 1st pull, Waycrest spamcasters and etc. And we are only talking about interrupts and mass cc. I am not even talking about 0 group utility.

Dude… Flash news most tanks can’t solo handle all interrupts. And that doesn’t matter at all, you just need your group to participate in the group content.

vDH can do their thing sure, but even they can’t muzzle those forever.

So again yes our BDK kit needs help, but you keep talking as if the tank has to do everything on their own. I have cleared all those dungeons in the +20s on my BDK, how did I do that I wonder.

Flash news, tanks that can’t solo handle all unterrupts are C tier and lower.
Flash news, +20 are key level nobody talks about because you can’t possibly die there. I don’t understand why people are telling that they are having no problems in their +15-20 keys and then they come to forum telling that this class is giga nuts because " I have no problems pupming +20" . No wonder this class is in a trash bin.

You brought up +20 earlier, but regardless yeah if you are talking about the meta leading up to +30s, yeah ok there’s a meta for that sure, I agree there.

But like chill a bit, there’s only vDH and prot pallies leading the pack up there, it is what it is and we hope for more for the others. If you are just talking about pushing very high keys it’s one thing, but 20-24 range isn’t a problem. Beyond that we can definitely start talking meta and whatnot

I brought +20 earlier replying to a specific comment.
For me the saddest part is that this spec has potential to do very high keys for 3 seasons , he just needs a little bit of attention. I am 100% telling you , if this class gets for example , some health or armor boost for fortified weeks or a buff to defensives + some small utility bonus like a 2nd interrupt charge - he will be 100% at least viable pick for high m+. These problems remain for 3 seasons and it’s a shame that nothing is done about it because literally any small push from the devs will make this class great again.

Not really.

Like, if you’re comparing us with something like Paladin sure, they can carry the entire party through interrupts cause they can just mass interrupt everyone every second :sweat_smile:

But the fact that we don’t have that doesn’t mean that we are weak in this level of content (+20’s). We have some stuff too like AMZ and Grips, but ofc nothing that compares with what Paladins or VDH’s have.

What I would like to see tho, is more ways to stack boneshield out of combat to jump into big pulls with more ease, that would facilitate the life especially for the begginer BDK’s.

Or at least a Rune Tap + Blood Tap baseline. But I know that nobodys likes Rune Tap tho :rofl:

Well, usually you keep boneshield charges between the pulls without any problems.)
The problem with rune tap that it costs a rune . Make it cost nothing or a bone shield charge - that would be a game changer .

1 Like

That’s why we use it with Blood Tap back in the day. So we would need both to go baseline to work, that’s go without saying it.

But making it not costing a rune would be even better tho :sweat_smile:.