BCC Season 3 PvP Updates

Well that was pretty stupid, I didn’t spend points till I was bumping up against the cap cause we all knew this was going to happen again.

You knew they were going to end the season earlier than anticipated?

2 Likes

And it’s my fault for their lack of transparency. :+1:

1 Like

The Arena Points calculation has been updated to reduce the disparity of weekly Arena Points earned between different ratings.

Developers’ note: All Arena players should see an increase in points earned, and those at lower ratings should see a higher increase.

Can we get actual numbers on this?

1 Like

Hello,

Please let us know whether or not season 4 off-pieces will have a rating requirement attached to them.

Please let us know when season 2 gear becomes available for honor. On Tuesday (5/3), or when the next season starts?

Thank you!

P.S. Please consider making season 3 gear available for honor.

2 Likes

Always love how the math is not given to us.

LOL no please don’t.

1 Like

Why not? It would greatly reduce gear disparity going into the new season.

3 Likes

But a raider can buy arena gear through PvE?

You…are exactly what is wrong with the game at its core.

7 Likes

The only people against having season 3 gear available for honor are those who banked up arena points throughout the season (probably only played 10 games/week) so that they could spend it on discounted gear during the off season. They don’t want other people to get the same gear they worked oh-so-hard for.

But this game design is fundamentally flawed anyways. Arena points should be spent during the current season to obtain gear to improve your character in PVP. Having to forego upgrades, and therefore be at an disadvantage throughout the season, is just terrible design. Rather, having the current season’s gear be made available for honor during the off season will allow for catchup and narrow the gear disparity going into the new season.

11 Likes

The Tier to PvP gear is a great idea since TBC is only getting held up by raid loggers and this gives them a reason to give pvp a try.

I agree so long as the same gear can be purchased with honor. During season 4, PVE players will be able to exchange tier tokens for season 3 pieces. However, pure PVP players will need to spend arena points if they want to acquire season 3 pieces. These are the same arena points required to buy the current, better season 4 gear.

I hope the issue here is self evident.

3 Likes

I’m not against the idea. I’m against not offering other avenues, like skirmishes or random BGs, to do the same.

1 Like

Not only that but he was bragging about it in another thread.

Yes, as it should be.

o thonl ir readomg tjos wrpmg

Lol
/10char

When wrath drops will we be able to buy s4 items with honor points?

Hes talking about S3 armor i hope you know… Meaning you were playing S3 in substandard gear for prep on S4.

This is because S3 Arena points do not roll over to S4; instead they are converted to honor points at a 1AP = 10HP ratio.

Basically what they did was almost meaningless for the players who arena, and regarding new players I highly doubt they were stockpiling points for end of season discount week; tho I could be wrong, but even if some do its not common.

This is a good step towards increasing PvP participation, but not a big one.

We still don’t know the difference in point gain between a 0 rated team pre and post implementation. But they say higher rated teams are not going to see a point decrease? Does this mean that 0 rated teams will receive around 900-1k points in 5s?

If so that would a be a good step. Simply cap any alts you want to play and have a near-complete set if gear in end of season discount week. Only issue is… This is the last season of TBC lol.

A BIGGER step they could take is moving S3 gear to honor with a 300-400% increase in honor gains. The average raider can expect between 1-3 items of gear for an average of 2-4 hours of raiding per week… there is NO reason that PvPers should have to grind for 10s of hours for an item 2 seasons out of date.

Another step would be just reducing the point requirements for arena gear pre-discount week. It feels a little silly that most PvPers can’t even complete their 5pc+wep by the time the season ends. Point gains and item costs should be such that players can actually obtain the full set of current gear and then have several months of competing on an even playing field (gear-wise at least)

5 Likes