BCC Season 3 PvP Updates

I hope so. Why would the off pieces have a rating requirement for S4 when they didn’t for S1-3?

why would i decide to eat a salad tommorow when i ate burgers for the past 3 months?

Why not have a salad with your burger?

1 Like

I just put lettuce and tomato on my burgers. :hamburger:

Because they actually did in original TBC. Season 4 was the first to introduce rating requirements on off-pieces, BUT teams also started at 1500 back then, so the requirements on the off-pieces should at least be much lower this time around.

1 Like

IMO they should just take off the rating requirement for the off pieces. The main set and weapons already have rating requirements.

For consistency’s sake, I agree. I’m just saying I understand WHY they’re doing it. But even then, with the ridiculous changes they’ve made to how arenas work, it doesn’t really make much sense to keep them that way. Especially at the same ratings as back in the day.

1 Like

There is absolutely no reason for them to have rating on offpieces as they didnt even follow their arenapoint pieces, giving them rating requirements aswell. All pieces of the mainset had rating requirements in season 4 and on top of that weapons were 2050 and shoulders 2200, yet they continued their 1850 / 2000 rating but still kept offpiece rating. There is no consistency its all just clueless devs.

4 Likes

Thank you for your reports and helping us track down this bug.

Thank you for at least addressing the oversight. However, this isn’t a one-off. There are consistently issues with the items and pricing on the honor vendor(s), and they persist for much longer than is acceptable given that the policy for GM’s is to never assist players in refunding pieces (examples: the haste gear and BM trinket not being available with the rest of the season 3 gear until they were inexplicably placed on the vendor after 1-2 weeks with no announcement or explanation).

Furthermore if memory serves, these prices were incorrect on the PTR which was reported and it still made it to live. If there was no PvP you would not have my subscription (and numerous others). It is the only reason I play the game. And this lack of care and consistency with how the PvP gear is managed makes me feel very unvalued as a customer.

That is not to mention anything about the other issues and inconsistencies with what was posted in the OP and what was actually implemented in the game (t6 → s3 exchange not clearly communicated, arena point caps not adjusted for the final week preventing people from getting gear, etc.)

1 Like

Are we going to get an update on the bonus arena points before the weekend?

The point difference really doesn’t sound like an issue that is difficult to address. I mean they have all our previous arena rating data from final week. Its either:

a) distribute the correct difference between the arena points awarded between the old and new formula, or b) give a static value of arena points to everyone to compensate for the losses that this issue have created.

I really hope this gets addressed soon, as without addressing it, the blue post will be a blatant lie that the Blizzard made to its player base. Its not just a communication issue at that point, its a trust that we as players have to the company.

2 Likes

And what was a week to figure out how to best spend your arena points is now down to 3 days. Not to mention those who had no idea and already spent it.

Probably going to lose the weekend too before hearing anything.
Either way it’s Monday or bust.

3 Likes

well you know they ain’t even going to bother on the weekend, they don’t care. How many people will get screwed over by their inaction they do not give a … but no seriously they care about the paying customer, some how or something.

the only thing they care about is you keep handing over money, since you will regardless of how poor their service is, they dont have to do anything

If you’re going to be completely silent on the no-extra-arena-points issue, then it’s only fair that arena points don’t get reset on Tuesday and we get a longer period of time to buy season 3 gear.

But I’m being silly, you don’t care about what’s fair.

7 Likes

Please deal with the situation blizzard. Time is running out.

After playing since original Vanilla this is my first forum post, so I apologize if it’s winded. I’d like to give my opinion and share my experience with GMs and the situation regarding discount week in general.

My wife and I were expecting our first kiddo the week before Season 3 ended. I had a fresh 70 shaman that I wanted to prepare to play during Season 4 so in the weeks prior to my kid arriving I busted my behind and farmed honor cap, 100 AV, 90 EOTS, 90 AV and 60ish WSG marks. Considering the trends of the past, where the offseason week between arena seasons offered substantial discounts, I wanted to prep myself to be able to buy a full set of resto offsets and most of the Merciless gear for honor.

Discount week came (03MAY) and I bought the main-set Merc gear I wanted, then bought the Vindicators boots and belt. I understand I “should” have doublechecked the prices before going through the dialog boxes but I was fairly sleep deprived with the newborn and I believe there should be some reasonable expectation of trust when performing transactions with a company. Especially considering a blue post mentioning the discounted gear from that morning. As you all well know, some of the gear was discounted while others were not. Because of this error on the Developer end I was short honor and out 40 EOTS marks and 20 AB marks.

I submitted a ticket on 03MAY at 10:00 AM and over the next four days received three responses. The first by an automated system directing me to completely irrelevant topics. And the next two by actual GMs but boiled down to “the vengeful gear is properly discounted”. No mention of the vindicator offsets or any acknowledgment that I was improperly charged. The final GM that responded to my ticket (5 days after my original submission) agreed with me that an error occurred and that blizzard had just fixed the prices to reflect what they should have been at on Tuesday, May 3rd the start of the offseason. However, this GM also mentioned that the Developers have not given the go-ahead for GMs to assist and refund players who were negatively affected.

Obviously my experience is anecdotal, and given that I am personally out 13,923 honor, 40 EOTS marks and 20 AB marks (the difference between what I purchased the items for and their correctly discounted prices) of course I want blizzard to make players whole who made similar errors. As I stated before, I think that there should be a reasonable level of trust between a company and its customers, and baked into that trust should be the expectation that the company would correct errors that are clearly on their end. Any reputable company that mislabels prices would give refunds of the difference. With the capability of Blizzard I’d expect at the very least the same, or allow your GMs to do their jobs and assist the players.

Thank you guys for your time and I appreciate anyone who read through. Hopefully Blizzard will do right by their player base.

-Badbillyprat

3 Likes

Unfortunately their hedge would be that the prices were clearly displayed all the while and you agreed to purchase anyway. Business logic, even though satisfying you would cost them nothing.

The caveat is indeed that most people do not remember / research what regular prices were and what discounted prices would look like. Even those of us who did realize something was off couldn’t exactly guess what the discounted cost was supposed to be exactly.

The proper thing would definitely be to honor your ticket request because discounted prices were the promise and the assumption. Those who purchased in faith same as you are the ones most put out by it.

So they are now responsible for showing you that trust in them is not a mistake.

It should be very obvious by now that this has not occurred (or it was communicated in such a way that was incorrect). Can this please be addressed whilst it is still relevant (under 48 hours).

2 Likes

Yea, I highly doubt we will see anything now. Its a bit depressing.

1 Like