BCC Season 3 PvP Updates

Well, we have 5 days left to have it fixed, it seems. Sigh. I really don’t want to farm for a few weeks to get S3 gear.

1 Like

Does anyone know for certain what items had rating requirements on the PTR? I thought it was only ring, boots, bracers. But then I saw someone mention the belt also. I’m going to bite the bullet and buy boots before the end of the week. I don’t know if I will have time to do the belt also if that is going away.

Brutal Gladiator Shoulders (requires 2000 personal rating)
Brutal Gladiator Weapons (require 1850 personal rating)
Guardian’s Boots (requires 1700 personal rating)
Guardian’s Rings (requires 1650 personal rating)
Guardian’s” Bracers (requires 1575 personal rating)

From the blue post 5 minutes ago.

Thanks, had not seen that yet. Sounds like from the wording of that, the Vindicator’s pieces will still be available also in S4. That could be bait though.

Honestly, probably won’t go for any PVP this phase. I’m just hoping we can get S3, or maybe S4 weapons with Honor during prepatch for my DK.

1 Like

I on’t believe anything that’s been posted by blizzard at this point.

Yeah like it feels kinda of silly to trust any blue post when it comes to PvP additions/changes at this point, because patch day can just roll around and they…just don’t do it?

Like, it’s Blizzard’s word at stake here and they don’t seem to care.

1 Like

I see the post saying

Vindicator’s Honor gear: can be purchased as soon as you accrue enough currency to obtain them

I’m not confident in this at all though.

2 Likes

When do we get mounts / titles?

Well I suppose I can turn in my Tier tokens for Season 3 in a few days now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 week notice is extremely whack

Well I tried, they took my posting from Customer Service forum and move it to the WOW Classic bug report forum where it was sent to die and never be looked at.

2 Likes

I don’t mind seeing blue posts like the one at the start of this where they communicate a positive intention, even if they mess up the implementation. Everyone’s human. At least we know there’s some effort going on to improve the game for the people playing it.

But please clarify if there’s going to be
a) Any adjustment to arena points before they expire
b) If S3 items, especially those slots that require rating in S4 will remain.

If I have to play 40 eye of the storm games I’d really like to know before this weekend.

5 Likes

This cluster…is doing far more to dissuade me from playing WOTLKC than any hubbub about LFD or dual spec or whatever. If this is the treatment we can expect going forward then I don’t want to keep playing.

8 Likes

You are 100% right on that, It’s purely on the lack of communication.

We see problems, we see inconsistencies but there’s 0 addressing of the actual problem! That’s what kills me. How can they not even communicate with what is going to happen?

It’s not this one incident on why I wanna stop, it’s because now it feels like if these issues keep on coming up, it won’t get addressed, we feel like our time is wasted, and then we don’t wanna play if we feel our time is being wasted.

2 Likes

I doubt there will be any adjustment to arena points.

They have confirmed that S3 honor gear will be purchasable in a post today announcing Sunwell.

The S4 boots on the PTR require 40 marks as well (the belt is still 20 but the bracer is at the original 20 wsg, not 10 like it was reduced to before). So, I would guess the 40 mark requirement for boots and EOTS probably stays. But you can wait and see, since the S3 gear will be available next week.

The oddly priced honor gear is fine, whatever. But it’s really strange Blizzard just doesn’t communicate that the prices are correct or communicate that they are going to change them if they’re a mistake. Maybe they think it’s weird people think they’re a mistake but the discounts/non-discounts/mark increases are random and not consistent with first two seasons, so it’s normal to think there’s some sort of mistake. They just need to tell the community what’s what.

Starting to feel that way, which is depressing for me, but oh well. Will probably just let it roll over to honor then, its worth more to me that way. 25 points short. Ugh.

Seems like it would be somewhat of a pain to fix, and a fix would alienate people that already spent their points. So it’s a lose-lose even if they did fix it. Lots of the anger could have been avoided had they simply admitted the original announcement was inaccurate and the adjustment will be S4 only. But now they’ve got people sitting on arena and honor points and angry that they’re being ignored.

1 Like

Please address the (multiple) issues in regards to Arena + Honor PvP related gear asap.

which is why they aren’t saying anything, its a

“oh if we do anything else or attempt to fix it, it could cause more drama so stay silent”

tbc is on maintenance mode, your opinions mean nothing, stay subbed for wrath!

no one wants to help maintain old code, they made modifications but they didn’t take into account that S4 pieces were different. when they saw the mistake, they probably were like “well lets just keep them where it is” s4 weapon was at 2050 rating required originally, s4 shoulders were at 2200 rating required originally. Or they wanted to make changes but got overrode by upper management,

“do the least amount of changes as you can even if theres an existing mistake”

They don’t want to make any changes to honor values or gear in this weird, halfway point between s3 ending and s4 starting with sunwell because they don’t wanna touch code before a release, so this is what you get community!

I really hate management/top level people who put these sort of restrictions on it. You know all the devs and community managers have seen this problem and probably brought it up. They are probably muzzled at this point, they made adjustments at the start of S1 and S2, had the intention of making S3 lasting just as long.

But no, that top level directive changed all that, no more communication, no more speaking about TBC, get wrath out ASAP.

It’s the only explanation why they have been so silent when clearly we see the problem.

1 Like