Battle.net not responding

Haven’t played since WoD expac and miss it so I downloaded classic on my girlfriends old macbook pro due to me no longer having a gaming rig. Ran classic perfectly but I noticed she never updated to the Catalina OS and after doing so battle.net will not open. Just says “not responding”. Anyone know what’s happening? I’m new to the chaos that is mac gaming. Unable to find a support # to call and can’t find answers on the support suggestions.

1. Updating to Catalina OS may not have been a good idea. Most people avoided it because Mojave ran better and skipped straight to Big Sur when it came out. Depending on the age of the machine, the latest and greatest OS is likely to be more of a detriment than an improvement. A lot of older machines are best kept at Mojave.

2. You try launching WoW from the game icon instead of the BattleNet launcher? WoW should launch from either application. If WoW launches, it’s the BattleNet launcher that is in need of reinstalling. In any case, reinstall the BattleNet launcher.

Reinstall after removing the app first. You shouldn’t need to mess with the game itself.

1. Blizzard hasn’t had phone support for their games for over a decade. It’s either the ticket system, in which they point you to the documents I listed, live chat which is up for about an hour or two each day at times that vary with the wind, Customer Support forum (which is also a user to user forum like this one).

BattleNet app was recently updated (overhauled) so it has a lot of bugs of it’s own being worked out. This seems more likely an issue with something being broke when the OS was updated.