Battlenet launcher message

Since the last update I am getting a message every time I click on the launcher icon telling me its detected a newer version of the one Im attempting to launch, and something about shortcuts. There is a button saying “continue with latest version” which I click on and it starts

But I still keep getting this pop up. What do I have to do to get rid of it? (assume I am a big noob about computer stuff).

6 Likes

Download the new Battle.net after remove battle.net by uninstall.

Oops Btq here…

Kind of funny how we have to keep deleting files and folders every time they mess up an update and cannot update the software without our assistance.

2 Likes

I got the popup again today, so I uninstalled and download another fresh copy Battle.net again today.

I also had a KB update for windows 10 pro…

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue today. Windows 11. It seems like the launcher just refused to update proper because this also happens if I:

• Launch as Administrator
  • Go into my apps menu and replace the shortcut on my desktop or launch from there
  • Go into the file system and launch from there.

(Edits to attempt to clarify better)

1 Like

I’m getting the same message today. I can see 3 bnet version in the folder lol.

14752, 14758, 14766 so when it updates its not removing the old files?

come on blizz wth.

Correct… This has been the same way as long as I can remember. Last time I installed it back in default location. The error still was displayed, so I installed Battle.net back on my D: drive above my Wow directory.

I get this also how do we fix it

This is so annoying, I’ve done the uninstall, then download again and install.
Then after a day or two the message comes back.

Blizzard, come on…

I deleted the battle.net launcher then went to the wow website and installed a new version. It is currently working fine.

This is EA-tier launcher coding. Can’t wait for Blizzard to release a repair utility that we just run before we want to use the launcher at all. So weak.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link and no thanks for the tone of consternation, my dude. Hope you’re getting what you need from punching down, I guess.

1 Like

It’s just important that your voice be heard, and that’s not really happening here. There’s a far greater likelihood of it happening if you complain to the right people.

Where did I “complain”? What I said was:

I asked a technical question on the Technical Support forum. Rather than being nasty, you could be decent and helpful. However, others were helpful, and supportive to someone who asked for help.

Your type is one of the reasons I very rarely interact on these forums anymore.

3 Likes

I’ve been getting this same pop up error this week!

I’m surprised a link like that is not in the ‘Support’ block of the WoW Forum landing page, even if it’s a different entity. It’s not completely intuitive if your only into 1 Blizz game.