Battle.net constantly asking for password on Mac

Every 30 minutes or so Battle.net pops up saying “Agent wants to make changes”. It doesn’t seem to matter if I enter the password or hit cancel, it will pop up again in 30 mins to 1 hour.

1 Like

This forum is for PC. I recommend posting in Mac Technical Support

This is because your Mac doesn’t have self signed Battle.net root certificate in your Keychain. Whenever Agent update the game it checks for root certificate and attempt to install a new one if there isn’t root certificate in the Keychain. The root certificate is needed for local web server in order to open and redirect HTTPS website on Battle.net program.

Open ‘Keychain Access’. Search for ‘Battle.net Local Cert’. If the root certificate is not trusted, you must trust manually.

If there is no certificate, you must install a new one. Start WoW update. If ‘Agent wants to make changes’ dialog box pops up, enter your Administrator Password. After that, look for additional dialog box saying ‘You are making changes to the System Certificates Trust Settings’. This can be hidden behind other programs. Enter your password on that as well. On the latest macOS additional authenticate is required to add root certificate in your System Keychain.

The root certificate appears to be trusted in Keychain Access. I clicked “Get Info” as well and it showed that the cert should always be trusted. Should I delete it and attempt to get a new one?

I should also note, I have had issues installing/updating WoW on this Mac as well. I have to enter a certain command (which I can post here if you need) in order to give the folder the correct permissions. I wonder if this issue is related.

Try removing the old one and install a new one. If the issue persists, it may because of other issue such as insufficient permission, Agent keeps reinstalling itself etc.

Ahh no dice. Removed and installed a new one but I’m still periodically getting hit when the prompt. I tried adding to various permissions in privacy (Full Disk Access, Accessibility, etc) also with no luck. Any other ideas you can think of? I appreciate your help here either way.

I have the same issue for a few days now also.