Battle.net App Patches every 5-10 mins

I run an iMac and Apple OSX latest version. Battle.net app triggers an update for WoW (and maybe other games, I dunno…I haven’t looked at them). Happens every time I click on the app and give it focus after lying dormant/non-active for 15 mins or more. It seems to believe I have just launched the app, so runs home and asks momma to go outside…Momma says, not w/out a quick check on your Patches.

…but Patches is listless and depressed, a canine in a crisis of his owner’s over-active patchy-apps syndrome. Depressed. Unloved. Overused and abused.

The version of WoW does not matter. It cares not whether its version is the Classic feel of the sun on your skin, the wind in your face, and the flash and clang of swords as you work to vanquish your foe; nor does it care whether the Zuldazarian fleet is bearing down on its unsuspecting victims in the commercially-focused version. It is equally and unbiasedly neutral upon any unsuspecting adventurer seeking glory, whatever they fancy.

Alas! we suffer without expectation of end–of experiencing the bliss of a respite moment from the constant barrage of updatery.

Sigh.

Seriously. Please fix this.

I don’t understand anything you said, but understand everything you said, constant game lag, crashes and freezes for battle.net to patch for 5 seconds, sometimes game just lags and crashes for no reason, all started with release of pre-patch, based on many forums, there is no fix available, have tried the following;

un- and reinstalling wow
disabling and abling add-ons
Creating new admin account on iMac and loading game on new admin screen
loading game through wow and not battle.net
renaming folders with “Old” such as cache folder
doing that 777 chode thing in the command entry box
pretty much everything and it still happens

would really like to play the game I am paying monthly for…