Battle.net app not auto updating games anymore?

I have noticed that when I open the desktop app. it no longer auto-updates games, and instead has a button to click that says Update that you have to push in order for the update to start…
Is this intended, or just another of the endless Blizzard bugs??
I think it will update the app itself, but not the games automatically anymore, so I am confused by this, and would appreciate any explanation, if there is one. Else, do I need to put in another Ticket to Support about this??
Thanks in advance!!

I haven’t seen an update recently. The update button has been there for at least 2 years, maybe more. What version of the game are you on?

Hey, Bear! I’m not aware of any known issues with this, but if this does appear to be a bug, reporting it on our Desktop App Bug Report forums is the appropriate place to do so!

Just to check the settings to make sure updates are pushed, please check the following:

1. Open up the Blizzard Application.
  2. On the top left corner, click on the Blizzard logo.
  3. Go to Settings > Game Install/Update
  4. Scroll all the way down.
  5. Check that automatic updates are set to “Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games.”

If this setting is not selected, please ensure that it is selected, and click Done when finished!

It’s also worth noting that the Blizzard Application cannot update if its not running in the background or open. Please check under Settings > General that the option “When I click ‘x’ at the top of the window” is set to Minimize Battle.net to system tray. This should keep it running in the background to run smaller updates for future patches or update while the system is up.

If it is already selected to this and you have other games, does this only happen with WoW updates? The WoWVoiceProxy has caused some issues which will result in an error, but may be why the “Update” option will appear.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that recently (possibly since upgrading to Catalina) the battlement app loses connection when my iMac goes to sleep and doesn’t automatically establish a connection unless I quit and relaunch the battle.net app.
The would be a problem for automatic background updating.