Battlegrounds shouldn't start until both teams are full

If it’s 7 to 10 after 2 minutes, the clock should stop and wait until both groups at at 10 players.

5 Likes

If it’s 9 vs. 10, the gates shouldn’t open.

7 Likes

Maybe there should be a surrender option when things get too lopsided.

Sorry, ran out of likes so don’t think I don’t agree if I didn’t give anyone a like.

That’s what I mean.

No team should start without a full team.

5 Likes

i posted a thread on this like a year ago and nothing was ever done about it and its still a issue to this day so i doubt anything will be done about it

3 Likes

Because trash development, kind of like Burger King.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but at 9/10 I’d rather the match just start.

I have more beef with having lopsided healers than having 1 or 2 players missing. Very rarely do I ever see any more than 2 at the start of a game.

This can be helped by reducing the amount of time someone has to accept a popped bg queue, which is currently, what, a full minute? Drop it down to the length of the LFD and more people will have a chance to jump in before the gates open.

Also I realized this year how disgusting Burger King is.

Why do you prefer the match to just start when one team has more players than the other?

Do you feel the same if it’s 8 vs. 10? 7 vs. 10?

2 Likes

Yea there shouldn’t be a timer until each team is max. When 10/10 zone in then a 30 second timer starts counting down. Games could potentially start faster this way.

3 Likes

For me it’s just a random bg. I want to get in ASAP and just pvp and not wait for someone poking around afk and making me wait. That’s only if we’re down 1 or 2 people max, mind you.

And like I said before, I would argue healer imbalance has a bigger impact than waiting for that 1 straggler but that’s a different conversation.

7/10 is bad but not impossible. I just want close to even healers.

That’s a separate issue.

And at max level, I’ve mostly seen the same number of healers on both teams. When it’s uneven, it’s usually because a healer didn’t take their queue pop, so the system is scrambling for any replacement.

2 Likes

I know, I said that

Problem is you could end up trapped in a BG…

ie - People deserting because the match isnt starting, or because they see what BG it is, so you never hit a full team.

Make the deserter buff 30 minutes and make it account wide.

Like, you might have to wait a few minutes for the system to fill the team, so the game can start with even teams?

I guess if the wait gets too long, then the system can just cancel the match and put everyone back in the front of the queue.

Ever see what happens in LFR when people have to wait a few minutes?

Sure. A few people leave. The system fills their empty spots.

Assuming it fills up fast enough so more people dont leave

They can include a fail-safe.

e.g.

And if the system has trouble filling two teams repeatedly, then we probably have bigger problems.

Idk it all seems too strenuous to me.

Shortening the time you can accept the queue seems like a simpler fix.

Shorter time to accept means far less chance you’re starting a match with players down

Heck, put it down to like 20 or 30 seconds. I believe it’s currently at a full minute which is way too long