Battleground Preparation Buff in Classic

As a quality of life fix for PVP, I’m curious why the Preparation buff was not brought in to Classic.

As an example, when a spirit guide resurrects me in a battleground, I buff myself with Arcane Intellect, Ice Armor, and Dampen Magic - at which point I’m at 37% mana with my current gear. That’s barely a few casts before I’m completely useless. Battlegrounds move so quickly, taking 20 seconds to drink after buffing is game-changing.

I understand the desire for Classic to remain as close to Vanilla as possible, but I can’t see a reason why this would be left out.

2 Likes

Agreed. Also free buffing at the entry to the BG; you barely have enough time to buff with all the drinking.

Because it didn’t exist in vanilla.

3 Likes

You kinda named the reason its not there then legit said you couldnt see a reason why it would be left out.

I mean, you know the reason. It wasn’t in vanilla. There’s lots of benign improvements that came later that aren’t in classic for the same reason. There’s no free pet happiness after rezzing that I can tell either.

1 Like

I understand it wasn’t in vanilla, yet that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a quality of life change that could be made now. There have already been changes to the game that did not exist in Vanilla - I guess I’m having trouble seeing why some are okay and others are not?

You’re right, mages definitely need a buff in group PvP.

To be clear, in case you didn’t read the buff notes I linked, or have never played where this buff was active… It applies to all characters during the period before a PVP match starts and for a small duration after you’re rez’d. The buff is canceled any time hostile action is taken - it’s purely meant to ensure that you’ve had the time to buff your class with its own abilities before setting out to PVP in any given match.

None are okay.

No changes.

1 Like

You answered your own question.
Classic is in stasis, it is not an active develoment project with ongoing patches and QOL improvements.

It is as it is, frozen in time.
You either do, or you dont.

None of that is any surprise, it was known several years ago

That’s simply not true - take the changes made to AV for example. Changes are made where they make sense, and this makes sense.

that is not how it works
something is only addressed if blizzard sees it being mangled in a way that is wholly not within the intended design and spirit in which it was designed.
Which in 2020 is never done rarely, on the sly, but blatantly done to obscene levels, dont ask why.

And QOL stuff does not fall into that at all.
Dont believe me? Just use the forum search and see all the “makes sense”
suggestions that have fallen into shadow

The downside of having those buffs is that you have to pay for them with mana.

i don’t even buff myself as shadow priest, i’ll die in one crit from warrior with stamina or without, why bother. Full self buff is like 3400 mana

I approve of the pre bg mana free buffs.

I think not having it after a rez makes for more decision making. Do I buff and drink? Do I buff and go to the action with low mana? Do I skip buffs and just rush to the fight?