Battle Pet Tokens change?

Has there been any word yet or talk that Blizzard is going to change to a new Battle Pet Token for the next expansion…

No official word, the next expansion is about a year away. My guess is that they will, as its pretty easy to accumulate thousands if one has multiple alts.

2 Likes

Only reason I ask is cause I have literally thousands of BfA ones and nothing really to spend them on as I have all the new pets and stuff for BfA and even if I buy BfA pets they are not selling well on my realm for much…so just wondering if I just should stop doing those battle pet dailies that offer them as reward.

I do know coming into BfA they allows us to trade the others in for level stones and that at a high rate…so there is that idea to keep getting BfA ones and hope they do that again…

The only change Blizzard made to pet charm purchases coming into BFA was to make it impossible to use Legion pet charms to purchase leveling or blue stones, or pet treats, after the prepatch dropped.

As the only"official" warning of this was a blue post buried in a long thread in the beta forum, I’ll be watching carefully for any signals of a similar change coming with the Shadowlands prepatch. It might be a good idea to spend most of the current charms we are holding before the prepatch.

3 Likes

It might not be a good idea cause of what they did before BfA and we turned our charms back then into stock pile of leveling stones to have them ready in bunches before Bfa launched…

You seem to think Blizzard enabled or improved some kind of upgrade stone purchasing shortly before BfA began. This did not happen.

At no time during legion prior to the BfA prepatch was any change made to what we could purchase with pet charms. Once the prepatch hit we were unable to buy any pet stones or treats at all because they were suddenly changed to need Legion pet charms, and these were not able to be obtained until Legion itself hit.

Unless every pet in your menagerie is blue quality and max level, you still have a lot you can spend your tokens on. And those were the precise things you couldn’t spend old tokens on when the new tokens hit, last time around.

1 Like

I did not see the “notice” Blizzard gave about the Legion (shiny/polished) pet charm change and so was left with thousands of pet charms, now worthless, after the update last expac. I will be watching carefully this time, but will also not wait to change them in before hand.

It’s not surprising you didn’t see it.

The only notice given, the blue post deep in a long thread in the PTA forum, only said these things would change in BfA, so I was ready to spend my 10,000+ charms before BfA began.

A few hours before the prepatch downtime began, a friend pointed out that big changes often happened on the prepatch, and that I should spend them right then, just in case. I couldn’t believe Blizzard would make so much pet stuff unavailable for the next 5 or 6 weeks by changing the currency needed to one not yet available, but just in case I spent the next few hours buying the little mystery bags up upgrade stones, ending up with many stacks of each type.

Many players were not so lucky and were completely blind-sided by this change, making all their charm collecting a waste of time.

2 Likes

I have a bunch of alts and I do the charm quests any time I see them on the table.

I had over 1000 at one point but I bought a few pets I didn’t have.

Working my way back up to 1000 again.

The Legion pet currency was also rewarded from WoD content and maybe even earlier stuff. Personally, I was expecting that the new bfa currency would be around for a while.

Did Blizz say they were going to change the pet currency again?
Or did someone with beta access notice that the currency changed?

The older charms had been in game since MoP and Pet Battling came out…I have seen no changes so far as many others have said I just want to be ready is all.

My main reason for the thread was it worth it from now till next expansion to keep getting current charms and stock up on them so to have lots to buy leveling battle stones as I did before change with BfA…I have over 5,000 of the BfA charms.

I do agree there should of be more warning from Blizzard about the change that came with BfA going live…I know many players stuck with tons of the older pet charms…I was just lucky to have found out before the change, I did try to put the word out to as many Pet Battlers I knew in game and told them to be ready for the change.

With that many I wouldn’t actively collect them but if I saw a mission for pet charms I would still do it.

If you have all 40+ pets and toys that can be purchased with the pet charms I would still stock up because even if we find out that the currency will be replaced you would still have time to convert those into various pet consumables (rare upgrades, level 25 upgrades, pet biscuits, etc…)
https://www.wowhead.com/item=163036/polished-pet-charm#currency-for

Yeah I have all that stuff brought many months ago…that is my thinking …I think they will pull another trick like they did from Legion too BfA and make BfA charms basically worthless once Shadowlands goes live…when you got 6 120’s it easier to collect tons of charms.

Selling pets is a slow process. I looked up Cairne, and you do have some of the cheapest postings of all servers for my top polished charm sellers. You can always setup shop on another server. I keep my polished charm prices fairly cheap vs avg servers and found my equilibrium around 180g/charm (9k for the 50 charm pets like sandstinger / greatwing macaw). The 50/75/100 are my best sellers (and best margins if I used regional avg).
For awhile, I exported some to Illidan, a full pop server, for the same prices so I could pick up some otherwise expensive pets. Lowest price for Macaw (or Sandstinger) on Illidan 7k for 3 days in the last 2 wks (median 12k). Post up those pets at Cairne prices and they will move. You can also try a high (not full) server like Proudmoore or Emerald Dream (current 15k).

As for Shiny Pet Charms, there are still sellable goods with them. I find the toys the easiest to sell.

• Shiny Wand (100 charms) 10k on Carine.
  • Indestructible Bone (50) 10k.
  • Plump Jelly (50) 4k
  • River Calf (50) 4k

I would post them for half for the quicker sale to a buyer or flipper. The cheap pets (50) value charms at ~80g/ea. The 100/200 less per charm.

1 Like

The bulk of my gold is on Cairne realm to which I want too remain as I have many friends there. I have played on some other realms but its just not the same to me. Thank you for advise and some ideas to look at Skafest.

Ya, usually setting up shop to sell pets on another server is meta goldmaker mode. I sell relatively cheap polished pet charms for gold on Illidan. Use that gold to buy pets to sell back on Sentinels for profit (I bought 5 Kragwa’s for 30k during BoD from Illidan and sold them for 90k on Sentinels).

Used wow-pets com to compare realms for flipping. Or magpie.wow-petguide com to find cheapest server pets I was missing (I have toons on 4 servers over the last 10 years).