Battle Pet Breeds Question?

Hey all, been a minute since I was here, but I have a new question, and would appreciate just answers, without the unhelpful venom please
My question is that after an annoying amount of grinding, I have FINALLY gotten a battle pet that I wanted, but it is the wrong breed…
This is frustrating to me as I have no clue how to seek a specific breed for a pet, and would like some advice please. Is there a way to push for a certain breed, when grinding for a pet drop, or in world pet battles, or is it all just RNG like most of the game??
I have the Pet Tracker add on, but not overly familiar with its use to be truthful, and would be indebted to anyone who could give me a useful option to find a certain pet breed…
Also, of course, Thanks in advance!!

Have a look here…
warcraftpets . com / wow-pet-battles / breeds /

Unfortunately, it’s all RNG. Whatever breed you find, is the breed you get. Wild pets do not change their breed even if you forfeit and restart the match. Dropped pets do not change their breed if you cage them.

Just keep trying. For wild pets, it’s a little easier because you can enter the battle, check what breeds the pets are, and decide from there. If purchasing from the Auction House, make sure to check for caged pets instead of the pet item, because only the caged ones will show breed.

Also note that at very low level (usually 5 and below), it can sometimes be difficult to tell what breed the pet is, even for an addon. It’s because the stats are too close to each other to determine it exactly.

I use Battle Pet BreedID to see breeds. It’s much more light weight than Pet Tracker, and updated more frequently.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/battle_pet_breedid

2 Likes

@Quintessence
That is what I was seriously hoping would NOT be the case honestly…
I have to tell you, I am sick to death of Blizzard and their retarded RNG, ruining everything fun in the game, but I suppose I should have just known that…
In any case, thanks for the answer I was looking for!!

for wild pets you can start the battle and if its not the breed you need just forfeit and fins another. I usually kill the critter with moonfire so that i don’t accidentally start the same one a second time.

2 Likes

Thank you all, for the replies, and although this is somewhat disappointing, I have gotten used to that with WOW though, as EVERYTHING in the game is a roll of the dice from the broken RNG, I actually have another question that is messing with me…
I am trying to start the questlines to fight the pet tamers across the game, but Varzok in Orgrimmar, will not offer the quests involved, and will only offer a quest to do PVP pet battling?? He does have an exclamation point over his head, but the quest he offers is called ‘What We’ve Been Training For’, which sends you to use the Find Battle option to fight players, and has nothing to do with the Taming achievements needed to start the Pandarian pet quests to get the battle pets. I do not want to do PVP pet battling, until I can get the team I want together, and Blizzard seems to have once again removed something good from the game, for no good reason, but to make their jobs easier or something.
If I cannot start the questlines with Varzok, none of the trainers will fight me, and just give some senseless dialogue that has no use…
How can I start fighting pet battle trainers, and working towards the Taming achieves please??
Again, Thanks in advance!!

I suggest this addon - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/battle_pet_breedid

When you’re looking for a specific breed, it really helps. You can abandon a fight if it isn’t the right combination that you’re looking for.

To start the Battle Pet quest lines, there is a trainer in Orgrimmar near the flight path. He will give you some quests and each trainer leads to the next in the sequence.

Sorelai
Thank you, but I was really trying to find if the pets that are drops can be farmed for a certain breed…
Like a pet that is dropped from a certain raid, that is Hard to get, then you end up getting a bad breed??
Mainly because I have gotten 2 Fiendish Imps, and they were both P/S, but I want S/S, which has not shown up as yet…
So I am just caging the ones I get, and going for another. Was really hoping for a way to push for the speed breed, next time I go for the pet!!

As far as I am aware, there is no way to skew the breed towards your favored one. Not all pets have multiple breeds as well. Warcraftpets, wowhead and xu-fu should list possible breeds.

Thanks Sorelai, that is disappointing, but I Kind of knew that honestly!!
:frowning: