Battle of Zul'Dazar: Just feels wrong

It really do be like that.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure some U.S soldiers didn’t feel that great about shooting up Germans… it’s war. Sorry you can’t be perfect Mr. Alliance.

3 Likes

the whole conflict is way too forced. oh hey malf, i helped saved the world as a druid and was named arch druid. now ill forget all that and listen to what dead waifu and her boy toy tell me to do.

12 Likes

I felt like a hero when I killed that mean old Molten Golem hurting Mr. Longboi.

5 Likes

Pretty sure that if people wanted real life they’d just stay off of the computer.

3 Likes

It’s almost as if this entire faction war is pointless. A waste of lives, money, resources, and time.

7 Likes

People don’t believe it be like it is, but it do.

2 Likes

The moment I had to kill goblins to collect samples my first thought was, “This is incredibly stupid.” No way it fit with where we stood in Legion.

Of course we find out later, in a novel, goblins attacked and killed members of the Explorer’s League who were coming to inspect the sword. Turns out what we did wasn’t murder after all. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Felt bad on both factions, honestly. I did it on Horde first (Horde raiding scene and all), and I legitimately felt bad and just wanted to go with Kadghar when he said “f this I’m out.”

Then did it on Alliance wondering if we would maybe be good guys? Newp, thanks for joining up cross-faction to save the planet now go slaughter these goblins because you hate them kthx.

All Blizzard has done since then is double down on what they apparently think is interesting - giving both factions a story they’d rather not be a part of.

9 Likes

Finally. Something morally grey to hold over Alliance players other than “you burned down Camp Taurajo.”

3 Likes

Fun fact - The zandalari have always been the enemies of pretty much everyone ever since they stopped being generic ZG turn in npcs

7 Likes

I mean a faction war is completely plausible if set up and executed correctly. There are limited resources and a LOT of hatred existing between the two factions.

But it seems like the writers got handed plot points that needed to happen, and are struggling to make sense of it all. I think I remember reading thats how the lore actually happens in WoW; Writers get notes from the developers and they have to find a way to make it all fit. Unfortunately they didn’t… I don’t know if I can even blame the writers if thats the case because I don’t know how tied their hands were. I know what its like to have to try and polish a turd when the higher ups MUST have something a certain way and you’re stuck designing for damage control.

5 Likes

idgaf

I love working for Uncle Lothar. The Alliance is the right arm of a freer and better Azeroth.

2 Likes

It was really frustrating and felt insulting, tbh. Like you said, we did all this cross faction work and here we are a moment later murdering each other. No explanation whatsoever.

7 Likes

Same reason we carpet-bombed Laos in the 60s, they were aiding the North Vietnamese. Indirectly, possibly, but enough to justify action.

It feels wrong that the 3 bosses which are the hardest and the ones people will spend the most time on, Blizzard had to scrap making them unique and just had the alliance play as horde.

4 Likes

#NeverForgetTaurajo

/moo :cow:

3 Likes

Just because Talanji is the nice face of this group now, don’t be under the false impression that they are a good people. They have been murderous conquerors for centuries. What ever wrongs they have done in the past earned the spite their neighbors put on them.

From our perspective, which is limited, the horde just got here and feel protective of them because of their recent plight. Since the alliance and horde are at “war”, yes it is in quotes because this war is garbage, and those associated with the opposing factions usually feel the heat.

Just being neutral on this OP and don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with the awful writing that has got us here. Both sides are dumb as rocks right now.

6 Likes

Its really jarring to be climbing the period as horde, then suddenly you’re playing as alliance attacking the city. Like, I kind of want to fail at that point. I understand its gameplay first, but this expansion is suppose to be about the faction conflict and faction pride, and I gotta play as alliance dogs? The hell is this.

4 Likes

My Alliance character went to Zuldazar last night for some Warmode PVP stuff. We were killing everything in sight, including the animals. I guess you could say that the Alliance isn’t as goody goody as they say. There is evil in both factions. I guess if you have enough people together, it can be like a mob mentality.