Battle of Zul'Dazar: Just feels wrong

Why are we just invading and slaughtering innocence? This whole war just feels fabricated and I don’t understand why the Zandalari are our enemies. Maybe I missed something, but I’m just not feeling it.

I did the first three bosses last night and was kinda bummed about all the genocide. Not only that, when we have to kill the brontosaurus dinosaur in the trash leading up to the third boss and it TRIES TO RUN AWAY really just did it for me. It was sad, not exciting. I don’t like feeling murderous.

Seriously, we went from fending Azeroth off from the Burning Legion to this? Just doesn’t feel good.

Maybe it’s just me.

49 Likes

Well it is Blizzard writing the story.

29 Likes

sHaDeS oF gReY

15 Likes

That’s because the whole concept of the expansion is contrived and based on the factions being so inept that the other can do whatever they need at any given time to accomplish their goals.

And then, every time you do accompish something… there ends up being something the other faction does to more or less complete negate it so it really isn’t that impactful afterall.

Nothing feels important in BfA to me

16 Likes

Yeah, maybe this is what disappoints me the most. We went from discovering epic stories such as the Lich King, MoP & The Burning Legion… to this. I mean, it’s not all terrible. I like that Jaina & Tyrande finally grew a spine, but other then that; I dunno, man.

I like having having a common enemy better.

8 Likes

What genocide? Everyone we kill is a soldier. We’re attacking them because they are helping the horde attack us. Invading a hostile city, killing soldiers defending said city, and killing the king (as pointless an action in this case as it is) is not genocide. Burning down a tree holding the vast majority of civilians of a civilization after wiping out several towns and villages of said same civilization is genocide.

50 Likes

It doesn’t feel good to a lot of people. It’s felt bad since the first quest to check out the sword in Silithus, in fact.

Can’t wait for this awful story to end and we can get into the actual “big bad” fighting. I just hope they don’t try and cling to the stupid faction conflict story throughout the Nazjatar stuff because that will feel even worse than what we have now.

12 Likes

It really is though

12 Likes

Maybe genocide was the incorrect term to use, but the Zandalari were unbothered by either faction for who knows how long. Now, all of a sudden, we’re just killing each other? It just doesn’t make sense to me. Not enough to invade someone’s home and just start killing things lol. I dunno, it’s just my opinion and like I said; maybe it’s just me.

3 Likes

You make it sound like we went there for no reason. The horde are working closely with the zandalari. They are using their troops and ships to attack us. Did you even do the brenedam questline or any invasion? Not to mention they were both faction’s enemies before this. They were never neutral. Did you even play through mists?

8 Likes

Since Cata, the Zandalari have attempted to unite the trolls and conquer Azeroth, and ally with the Mogu to conquer Azeroth. Even if you ignore the fact that they’re offering the port of Dazar’alor as a staging point for assaults on Kul’Tiras, there’s plenty of reason to want to attack them.

10 Likes

you did capture their princess when she wasn’t a part of the horde, so you made them enemies on your own. Also you chased her shipdown after she was broken and fired on her. What would you expect?
The bazar is also near an orphanage and many troll children play in that area, it may not show it. But… there are dead innocents.
I’m sure the next raid will have some type of retaliation against the alliance, or azshara will come for one of the fractions.

Kul’tirans have been at war with orcs long before WoW.

10 Likes

It really do be like that.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure some U.S soldiers didn’t feel that great about shooting up Germans… it’s war. Sorry you can’t be perfect Mr. Alliance.

3 Likes

the whole conflict is way too forced. oh hey malf, i helped saved the world as a druid and was named arch druid. now ill forget all that and listen to what dead waifu and her boy toy tell me to do.

12 Likes

I felt like a hero when I killed that mean old Molten Golem hurting Mr. Longboi.

5 Likes

Pretty sure that if people wanted real life they’d just stay off of the computer.

3 Likes

It’s almost as if this entire faction war is pointless. A waste of lives, money, resources, and time.

7 Likes

People don’t believe it be like it is, but it do.

2 Likes

The moment I had to kill goblins to collect samples my first thought was, “This is incredibly stupid.” No way it fit with where we stood in Legion.

Of course we find out later, in a novel, goblins attacked and killed members of the Explorer’s League who were coming to inspect the sword. Turns out what we did wasn’t murder after all. :roll_eyes:

1 Like