Battle.net client cannot verify digital signature

We couldn’t verify the digital signature of your Battle-net Agent. Follow the steps in this support article to fix this issue.
Error Code : BLZBNTBNA0000000C

I followed all of the instructions on this support article, and the problem persists. I tried to uninstall Battle-net, and I can’t! I literally cannot uninstall Battle-net from my computer. Any attempts to do so result in another error–

Something went wrong and our goblins couldn’t figure out what, sadly. The best thing to do is try again.

That support page I was linked to, funnily enough, advises me to uninstall Battle-net. That’s what I was already trying to do when I was redirected to that page.

What the hell has the Battle-net client done to my computer? I’m questioning whether or not I actually want to uninstall and then reinstall it.

Edit-- and now I can’t even type the name of the program in my post because it automatically becomes a link, which I’m not allowed to include in my post.

Install this over your current application

It literally tells you how to install this.

Hi there Angela,

I am sorry that these complications have come up. I know this error is no fun. Most of the time we see this, if the app has been uninstalled and reinstalling it does not work, the Windows build or Anti-Virus is at fault. If the steps Kneanderthal posted do not help, continue with mine here.

What I would want to do first here is try a full clear of the Blizzard app.

Blizzard app removal (click to expand)

Perform Steps 1-5 here after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
  2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
  3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  5. Empty the recycle bin.

If this does not work, could we get a DxDiag posted? Take note of the code block, it will let you post URLs in it. :slight_smile:

DxDiag instructions (click to expand)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and then press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file something you can remember and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight all of the text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or post it on Pastebin and provide the numbers/letters after the .com in your reply.

We want to help out here, we look forward to your reply.

/Nathardrick

1 Like

I can’t do that either. I get the “cannot verify digital signature” issue again when I attempt to just reinstall it.

Thank you for trying to help.

Though these steps did not help, along that line of thought, I also deleted the Battle-net folder under C:\ProgramData\

That finally seemed to solve whatever bizarre issue this was.