Battle for Darkshore - Requirements?

Known: Battle for Darkshore will require us to accept a quest from Tyrande’s pet and do a Tyrande storyline.

What is not known: Level requirements? ilvl requirements?

120 will be required, like the other warfront. There is no indication that the current warfront item level requirement would change but I wouldn’t be surprised since it’s technically content made for season 2.

It can’t be that much higher, 350ish seems like the logical decision. They can’t exclude their LFR raiders who can only really reach 345 through TF/WF and don’t do high level M+. But who knows it’s blizzard.

the rewards are 340 ilvl iirc, so I think it’sthe same ilvl as arathi

It can’t be that much higher, 350ish seems like the logical decision.

Get real. 320.

Pretty sure it’s going to be 385. /sarcasm off

Jokes aside if rng was on your side(yeah RNG because that’s a thing) then you could probably hit 370-375 without even doing a single mythic+ or a raid. That’s BfA for ya.

Revered with all the BFA factions

I could queue for it on the PTR @ 356, but currently Alliance controls both warfront zones so there’s no way I can check on a lesser level character.

1 Like

The quest awards a 385 on the PTR. That may just be set for testing but it was there.

I think they meant the reward just for finishing the warfront, not the quest reward.

Yeah, I kind of took it as such, but I could never get into a warfront on the PTR because there’s not enough players. I ran out to Darkshore and killed a few rares but nothing but azerite was looted. That may be intentional on the PTR as well, I dunno. But if the quest is awarding 385, then I would think that the baseline gear for winning a Darkshore warfront would be 355, if not at the beginning then, at some point later on. Probably after the raid drops I suspect.

It is going to be 320 just like Arathi is. No reason to move it any higher since the rewards are the same, just a new look.

Yeah, that makes sense to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

anyone know once the next season launches with higher ilvl rewards, will the requirements increase as well?

That was the OP’s initial question, and nobody has the answer just yet.
I can, in about 12 hours, if there were enough players on the PTR to get into a warfront to complete it.

Jan 23 2019

tbh interpreted it as them asking about the current ilvl requirement

Tuesday it’ll def be 320 as we’re still seeing this season’s stuff

No worries, they asked for both actually.
Blizzard has a habit of touting new and exciting content without ever mentioning what’s required to enjoy said content until they have your money in hand.

It’s both.

1. Who is going to be getting the quest from Tyrande’s bird? I’m thinking it might either be everyone who has BfA or it could be all level 120’s. I doubt the quest would require an ilvl, and hope they don’t end it off with something like a mythic run like they did SoB. I’m just guessing though.

2. After completing the Tyrande storyline, there are lots of good guesses about entering the Battle of Darkshore of ilvl anywhere from 320 - 335 - 350 and known that 356 is high enough ilvl. There was also a very good guess about requiring revered with all BfA factions - that sounds a lot like what Blizzard would do.

So, I guess there is no official source and we will see soon enough. Thanks all!

I read somewhere it is still 320 minimum to enter the new one.

Here you go.

Players who meet the minimum item-level requirement of 320 will be able to queue for the Battle for Darkshore Warfront as often as they would like while this phase is active.

3 Likes