Batman's Rogues Gallery & Disorders

Considering many of Batman’s Enemies go to Arkham Asylum(where Psychoanalysis is common) let’s look into their and Batman’s Personality and Mental Disorders:

First the Paranoids:

Batman: Clearly suffers from Insular Paranoid Personality Disorder though in the main Comics his disorder is not so severe that he doesn’t trust friends.

Joe Chill: Also suffers from Insular Paranoid Personality Disorder in that he secludes himself and fears that Bruce Wayne is after him(when he does come after him he takes advantage of his Paranoia to get Joe Chill killed by the other criminals).

Scarecrow: Suffers from Malignant Paranoid Personality Disorder. His inferiority complex and obsession with Fear(believing the whole world runs on it) makes him dangerous and since he cares little about public opinion(aside from making them afraid) unlike the Narcissists he is that much more dangerous.

Poison Ivy: Also suffers from Malignant Paranoid Personality Disorder.

Riddler: Suffers from OCD and Fanatic Paranoid Personality Disorder I.E grandiose delusions that are irrational and flimsy; pretentious, expensive supercilious contempt and arrogance toward others; lost pride re-established with extravagant claims and fantasies… Yes he has it.

Now the Borderlines(who have a shrunken hyperactive Amygdala like a OCD sufferer which can comorbid):

Two-Face: Suffers from both Multiple Personality Disorder, OCD and Borderline Personality Disorder. Borderlines need 5 traits for a diagnosis and he has them: Personality disassociation, black-and-white splitting, mood swings, alternating between extreme idealization and devaluation, and frequent outbursts of inappropriate anger.

Cartoon Terra: Suffers from Impulsive Borderline Personality Disorder I.E. Borderline Personality Disorder with Sociopathic/Psychopathic/Histrionic traits.

Cartoon Raven: Suffers from Petulant Borderline Personality Disorder(is more moody, passive aggressive, etc. than a normal Borderline) and Supernatural Empathy(which means she can properly Empathize despite having BPD).

Next the Histrionics(Histrionics if the Genetic Markers and shared diagnoses are any indication are a type of Psychopath):

Harley Quinn: Suffers from Appeasing Histrionic Personality Disorder. She desperately craves the Joker’s attention.

Penguin: Suffers from Theatrical Histrionic Personality Disorder.

Next the Narcissists:

Comic and Cartoon Joker: Suffers from Malignant Narcissism I.E Narcissism with Anti-Social and Sadistic traits(though he obviously doesn’t have enough to be a Sadist, Psychopath or Sociopath). He is shown to fear resourceful Psychopaths/Acquired Sociopaths.

Arkham-verse Joker: Suffers from Prion Disease-induced Hallucinatory Psychosis(someone in Gotham clearly turned the amazing Green Cow into Burgers when it caught the Mad Cow Disease) and Malignant Narcissism.

Next the Anti-Socials(Psychopaths and Sociopaths):

Dark Knight Trilogy Joker: Suffers from Psychopathy(Comic Joker would be afraid of this guy for the same reason he is afraid of The Batman who Laughs).

Cartoon Slade: Suffers from Psychopathy.

The Batman who Laughs: Suffers from Acquired Sociopathy(only differs from a Psychopath in that he caught it after birth during adulthood)

Comic Terra: Suffers from Sociopathy(too explosive to be a Psychopath since she lacks Borderline Personality Disorder, Histrionic Personality Disorder or OCD)…

Many of the initial diagnoses were taken from psychoanalysis from other sites including from Psychologists. The subtype diagnoses of course were from me looking at the subtypes for each character’s diagnosed Personality Disorder to see which one fitted(didn’t need to in Batman and the Joker’s cases since their subtypes were found in their diagnoses).

Anyone agree with the diagnoses?

I would perhaps add OCD to the Joker because more often then not he is obsessed with batman (mostly trying to push Batman over the edge)

I am gonna add some more from Batman’s Rogue’s Gallery that has some sort of mental issues and I want to see if you can Diagnose them As well as giving some of my own and explaining .

The Ventriloquist AKA Scarface: Multiple Personality disorder with the Scarface Persona being he dominate one this is very interesting since multiple people have taken up the mantle after finding the Scarface puppet even though, after being examined by the sorceress Zantana, it is revealed the puppet has no magical or evil properties

The Creeper: (more of a hero than a villain but is insane) What you had for the Cartoon Joker but without the fear of other psychopaths of sociopaths even the Joker was scared of him

Azrael (could be seen as hero because he took up the role of Batman for a time but had to be defeated by the original batman due to not wanting to give up the role) I would say Malignant Paranoid Personality Disorder and Fanatic Paranoid Personality Disorder and OCD since he believes that he is purging the world of villains as a sort of holy crusade making him dangerous to anyone he considers a bad guy

Professor Pyg: OCD and Fanatic Paranoid Personality Disorder since he is obsessed in turning people into what he believes is the perfect human being.

Ventriloquist is spot on.

Jack Ryder doesn’t show any full Narcissism due to not having 5 Narcissistic Traits(aside from in the Arkham-verse) but instead seems to show Vivacious Histrionic Personality Disorder(which has some Narcissistic Traits yet not the 5 needed to diagnose) which is the same thing Pinkie Pie has.

I say your Azrael diagnosis is spot on. The guy has two Paranoid Personality Disorders instead of one!

Your Professor Pyg diagnosis is also spot on. Of course his Paranoid Personality Disorder and OCD are exacerbated by the Mother of Nails AKA Talia al Ghul.

Speaking of Talia al Ghul: She suffers from Puritanical OCPD(OCPD with Paranoid traits though not enough to be a Paranoid). She accepts nothing but perfection as she herself states!

Ra’s al Ghul is a Machiavellian and thus suffers from no disorder. Of course Machiavellians ignore Empathy and hate being undermined by cunning schemes. Infact it was Ra’s being undermined by his Uncle as well as that guy who saved his life(they made their own records against Ra’s wishes behind his back) that caused Ra’s to become the environmentalist he was.