Bastion Freeze Issue

Hello,

I’ve been having issues with my computer freezing and requiring a hard reset. So far this has happened four times, all in Bastion, two while on a flight path, and two during world quests which shoot my character up into the air. Not sure what the exact cause is, but being high in the air seems to be the common theme. Was wondering if there were any fixes on my end. Thanks!

8 Likes

Howdy Shadowweb,

Can you provide your DxDiag?

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformated text” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Sorry for the delay, character limit. This should be the link

pastebin (dot) com/wE0Rc7jc

It looks like the Nvidia driver is out of date so let’s try a clean driver reinstall. First, remove the current driver files by using the third party driver remover DDU. You can find a guide on using this program here.

After this, pick up the latest driver from here.

Run the installer and select the Nvidia Driver option only. Then I would recommend doing a Custom install and selecting the ‘Perform a clean installation’ option.

Once the driver install has finished, change the Nvidia settings so that the game is using the Nvidia card:
• Right click on the desktop and launch NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D settings.
• Go to Program Settings tab.
• Select the game to change the graphics processor under “Select a program to customize”. If it’s not is not available, select the specific game from the drop down list.
• Select your “Prefer maximum performance” graphics card under “Power management”.

Then reset the game settings to set everything back to default.

i’m having the same problem with the same graphic card in bastion as well
https:/ /pastebin .com /LGe7F0Sh

2 Likes

Hey there,

It looks like the drivers are updated in your case, but I’d still suggest using DDU to reinstall them. This process helps remove driver corruption if there is/was any.

Let us know how things go. Cheers!

1 Like

did it all, logged in on my paladin did 2 bonus objectives and had to fly back to oribos, same problem happened again, it froze and i had to hard reset it, the system froze completely.
idk why but this only happens in Bastion

2 Likes

Same - after testing multiple times, I noticed the transition flight between Oribos to Bastion (or Bastion to Oribos) is what caused my laptop to totally freeze.

3 Likes

i was worried my laptop was dying lmao

any update?

I’m having the same issues and have ensured everything is updated as well. Still no new updates though.

2 Likes

For me it’s only been in Rivendreath lol, and in only one spot in that zone. Shrugs.

an GM told me to switch my Graphics API to DX11 and it is working for me
Press ESC > system > advanced > graphics API

2 Likes

DX11 or DX11 Legacy? I’m gonna try out straight 11, if it works thanks in advance.

1 Like

i’m using dx11 only, never crashed again

2 Likes

working for me too, thanks

2 Likes

This is happening to me too! And it is always, always, ALWAYS in Bastion. I don’t have this problem anywhere else.
I tried a ticket but the GM just pointed out things that could be in my computer, but apparently it is not my computer since it is happening to more people.
I removed all the addons, checked the disk for errors, removed the programs that the GM said it could be interfering… nothing worked.
I will try the DX11 thing but… this really sucks. They should take a look at this.