Basil and SixxFury dont get it twisted

Just curious, what do you think Blizz should do? Would you prefer connected realms?

I wouldn’t get too worked up about it. The CC will have no impact on the direction of the game. It’s nice to see Blizzard’s “reasoning”, but once I read that part about a possible live chat taking weeks to set up, you know they’re just stringing you along. I could set that up in 15 minutes.

3 Likes

Dude. Huge true.

Completely agree. Well said.

It appears as though you didn’t read anything I wrote or you’d not be asking. I’m a little annoyed at myself for not realizing you were trolling after your first post.

Yea at this point that’s probably the most fair solution… but not one I necessarily see Blizz going with

Are we still pretending like that ship didn’t sail months ago?

Probably

Very very debatably. I for one like mega servers.

Name one. Grob maaaybe? Literally the only US server I can see that isn’t almost entirely dominated by one server or the other… or so low pop that it barely matters.

I thought that was gonna be a problem when I left Faerlina but turns out everyone just xferred to Bene. :man_shrugging:

Also debatable. Who says drugs are bad and even if you believe they are, that doesn’t necessarily mean the “powers that be” should force people to behave the way they think they should.

Also debatable… I don’t agree that such a point exists. And I think that the contention that “each new player adds nothing to the server” is just on its own pretty obviously not true…

What an odd thing to say… People complain about all sorts of things, in RL and in-game. It seems extraordinarily short-sighted to assume that everything that people complain about is automatically “bad.”

And all the positives those additional people bring.

TLDR: Basically everything you’ve added to this thread thus far has been nonsense. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

All you did was be a contrarian towards me and said very little, if anything, about “issues.”

Who is the real troll?

This about sums it up lmao. Logs were still under 300k. They needed to put one of their bs “we know we suck at running this game and we know suck at communicating” posts prior to not doing anything else for 6 months.

3 Likes

Benediction, for a more recent example. Was slightly unbalanced, or at least it was in a reasonable, albeit playable, state. Then suddenly a slew of new alliance transferred in and threw everything out of whack.

Opening the floodgates will just cause this to happen on every other server that teeters on the edge.

Because, i thought the whole point was to move people off the mega servers on to the smaller servers to create a more balanced spread across the whole community. or was i mistaken?

That’s probably how it should work, but with server transfers being on a 90 day cd, it’s just too risky to transfer to a smaller server.

Bene hasn’t been balanced for months and it certainly isnt now so you’re not going to put the genie back in the bottle.

People aren’t going to blow up a new server… thats now how any of this works.

If you’re alliance and looking for a megaserver, you go to Bene or maybe Pagle. If you’re horde you go to Faerlina or Mankirk or Whitemane. Hordes of one faction aren’t going to just suddenly start xferring to Windseeker unless you restrict access to one of the mega-servers, it just wouldn’t make any sense.

Free xfers will just increase the size of the mega servers and give people who cant/wont pay to transfer an option to continue their characters. The dead servers will grow slightly more dead sure but tbh… will anyone really notice or care? I really don’t think so

You were mistaken. I don’t recall anyone listing this as a specific objective ever.

What amazes me about all of this is that the entire discussion about what to do with the community in relation to server transfers is happening in a place where only 2 people from the entire community can talk about it.

Two people that Blizzard themselves selected, nobody there to represent we OCE players. Blizzard has made their main feedback forum a hugbox.

It looks to me like blues are only willing to get involved in a discussion by shutting all of us out of it.

2 Likes

Of course it is… Look what happened to the guys on the CC who disagreed with Blizzard… They quickly found themselves… no longer on the CC.

3 Likes

I wonder if its possible to poll the people on the smaller realms and ask what they want. Would they want to connect their realm to a larger server? Silly idea, I know, to ask for feedback from the people affected and not just the CC.

My server is probably going to lose 300+ people to whitemane the second pvp season is over according to our realm discord. And it’s because of issues finding enough people to raid and do 5 mans. Two of the main complaints I hear about transferring is losing names and the cost of moving bank alts, etc.

2 Likes

Not only that but sixfury is now going on the CC discussions and is “speaking for the OCE” community on asking us to re merge battlegroups with US servers. Not only do we not have anyone representing us, but we now have people that don’t that are telling Blizzard what “we want”.

No offense to you but anyone who tries to represent a massive collection of people will always have people in that group that dont agree.

Cant make a dish for 100,000 people and expect 100,000 people to like it.

1 Like

When did I say that wasn’t the case? I understand communities aren’t ever unanimous on anything. What I am saying is that a member (ideally more than one) of that community should be the person discussing the subject and include both sides of an argument that has been ongoing for more than 6 months. Instead we have someone who has glazed over the issue stating half the argument in a feedback forum we are locked out of.

Im not trying to put words in your mouth, my point was you could have 10 people on the EU council and there would still be people here complaining about how those 10 people shouldnt be speaking for them.

Right, and all I am saying is completely different. I am saying that Americans shouldn’t represent OCE players in feedback discussions especially when related purely to OCE server issues. And that both sides of the argument should be accounted for during those discussions. Your example of the EU council is completely different. Those people complaining about the EU council can do so but at least those people speaking for them are actually on the same side of the planet as they are and use the same servers.

Fair… and I think 10 is also too small a number. But 1 is DEFINITELY too small a number.