Base UI Feature

I’m a long time user of elvui. I have been using the base UI in beta and honestly at this point I think the only major use case for me (as a dps player) that is keeping me from using the base UI is the ability to make bars that hide until moused over. This feature is in ElvUI and in the base UI your options are: show in combat, show out of combat, show always, don’t show. I feel like if an addon can do it, it would be pretty reasonable for an option to just make them only show when moused over (and also let this be set for the main action bar as I typical use a weak aura set up close to the center of my screen. So I don’t actually need the bars visible, I just want them there to move binds

There is honestly so much missing from the base ui.

• Can’t move AH window (I feel like this is a recent problem)
  • BG objectives rarely show up
  • Lack of customization on spells/buffs (you could memorize the visual, or just show me the spell like in weakauras)

There are a bunch more, but those are just some that jump out at me.

We’ve had a few ui revamps, but I feel like they do very little. They should just keep a “classic” preset, but then give themselves the freedom to go ham and modernize on a second preset.

I don’t disagree. But I’m saying that I could drop ElvUI for base UI with that one option at this point. I’m still not dropping weak auras or several other addons. But the bars themselves would be more usable. That’s the last feature from a bar replacement I’m really holding on to

This has also been a basic feature in Bartender and Dominos for as long as I can remember.

Two years since the “overhaul” (as Ion put it) and so many things are “missing” form the base UI. I mean, we still don’t have a combined bank option. One would think that would have been done alongside the combined bag option. There are base UI elements still using the old icon borders and/or textures, and many more little “attentions to detail” that the team apparently just doesn’t give a flip about or do not intend to change.

I’d help them for free if they’d let me. That the zone text and clock still are different font sizes and appear top aligned instead of center-aligned? And so many more…

1 Like

Yeah.

YMMV.

I dislike the lack of consistency. Square action bars, round bags, lack of the summary bar (fps, time, gold, currency, etc.).

Even the chat thing is janky, when go to edit it, the chat itself is much smaller than the box itself (in like a weird way). You can easily work around it, so it is more of a usability criticism (it is just janky).

base UI just needs to adopt Plater for nameplates as base ui nameplates suck. The rest is mostly good