Bartender Question - The Need for Higher Velocities (quest) - "Surge Forward" button does not appear

As implied, I’m doing the “Need for Higher Velocities” quest with my dragon.

However, when I start the quest I don’t get a Surge Forward button. I do get three blue “vigor recharges” ovals right on top of my action bars but no Surge Forward button anywhere.

I am using “Bartender” and it has been suggested that I disalbe it and just use the default UI.

(1) Is that necessary and if I disable Bartender, use the default UI and re-enable Bartender will my settings be there as before?

(2) Is there a way to tweak Bartender so my dragon action buttons (including Surge) show up? In the future, won’t this be necessary anytime I use my dragon? Or, can I just use the dozens of dragons I already have in my Mount Collection?

(3) How do I move the “vigor recharges” ovals from over my action bars to someplace else?

Thanks in advance,

Taka

Open your spellbook, find dragon riding in the general section, expand the flyout and drag the spells to your bar.

As for moving vigor etc. You’ll need an addon if it can’t be done via Edit Mode. Personally I’ve replaced mine with a WeakAura.

OK. I moved the Surge Forward to the #1 slot in action bar #1. I could only use it once. Then it was never active so after 2 rings, I just floated to the ground. Tried 3 times. This sux.

The quest tells you when to surge, don’t just spam it; it’s meant to be a tutorial.

Dragonriding is all about keeping your velocity high enough that your vigor recharges. I’m sure you can find a video that shows how to do it if you cant figure it out.

You could also have a friend fly you around to gather the Dragon Glyphs.

I’m not spamming Spurge. Only when it tells me to. However, I’m only able to Spurge once. From then on, the spell is no longer available. It’s not quite grayed-out but certainly not bright.

It’s not that I can’t “figure it out”, it’s just that without being able to Spurge, I just drift down to the ground instead of fly through the rings.

If I don’t complete this, what is repercussions? Can I continue questions without being able to fly? I’m only level 62. Can I use the mounts in my Mount Collection to fly instead?

UPDATE

I disabled Bartender and am using the default UI. Dragon flying buttons now show up. Training completed. yay.

The first quest I got after training is Skytop Observatory. Except, I can’t get there. Someone told me I need to get dragon flying glyphs first. Scattered around the zone, I’ve been told. Is this worth it? Can I continue my campaign quests without dragon flying?

They’re the single biggest account-wide quality of life increase in the expansion and it takes about 30m to get all the ones in main isles. Grab HandyNotes + HandyNotes Dragonflight and you’ll be able to see them all on your map.

I found out why the DF buttons were not appearing on my Action Bar 1.

Turns out my Possess Bar was not enabled. I enabled it and voilà, there they were!

I had the same problem but I am using the default UI, hope this sollution is applicable.