Barely Any Horde Characters In TWW

Good, Horde died with Garrosh and should have been slowly phased out multiple expansions ago. You know Alliance would let them in since they are the carebear loser faction and even let EREDAR in the Alliance.

~Horde Main

1 Like

What a load of rubbish. They’re all Alliance races so they’re Alliance characters.

Due the lack of Horde characters I decided to play an Alliance character. Otherwise I’d just feel disappointed that there’s no representation of Horde at all. Worse, if they do put in a Horde character they just end up being written like a human in an Orc costume.

10 Likes

And from what I’ve heard, all the Horde is going to get is a goblin themed patch. At least until Midnight (in which Alleria will of course be the elves savior).
I could be wrong, and I hope I’m wrong, but it seems that’s where things are going.

4 Likes

So far it feels like a Legion rehash.

5 Likes

Seriously, playing TWW as a Zandalari Shadow Priest would be super insulting.

Between calling the recide-crew ‘my friend’ and Alleria acting like she’s the only person to ever touch Shadow…yeah I could burn down another tree full of elves…

19 Likes

There’s no strong body type 2 horde characters to replace sylvannas and they’re probably feeling hesitant about installing a body type 1. It will probably be thrall since they/them are safe and well known, then the horde will get more lore later in the expansion

9 Likes

Despite the “male BEs look like women” meme that still lingers since TBC, Lor’Themar is unironically a good male character and doesn’t act like a sissy. He could easily be turned in to a great Horde leader.

5 Likes

The problem with Lor’Themar is that he’s too perfect. He’s morally good, rational (but not cold), reasonable, wise, well mannered, well intentioned and basically doesn’t really need any character growth.
I’d love to see more of him, but I can see how he’s not really the kind of material to take the spotlight too much.

7 Likes

Dear lord the absolute last thing I’d want. Please Xalatath just kill the windrunners :pray: , I’m so done with the tropes of this elf family and Alleria is acting dumb enough to absolutely deserve the death bat.

9 Likes

I have never seen such a string of bad arguments all at once in my life.

21 Likes

Well the sky is blue so people are here to whine… Get over yourself.

Playing a Zandalari during MoP Remix was pretty funny.

Isle of Giants, Throne of Thunder, they should’ve all been friendly, including the Mogu and Thunder King lol.

5 Likes

I suspect he will eventually play a subservient role to the Windrunner sisters, or perhaps be in a situation where he needs strong independent women like the Windrunners to rescue him.

The male heroes are being weeded out or neutered. For the Alliance they were just retired or “became neutral”, for the Horde they were almost entirely disgraced or killed off, in Cairne’s case completely offscreen.

It’s Alliance centric because the Horde is dead except in name.

9 Likes

Thank you for participating in a whine thread with your well-reasoned contribution.

1 Like

Nonsense Alleria is so smart, practically a genius. “Hmm yes, this ancient void entity known for manipulation is deliberately targeting and mocking me, making a show of it, knows everything about me and even lets me escape. I should keep taking the bait and follow them! That makes sense!”

5 Likes

I think you’re right. It’s not just the male heroes, but the Horde in its entirety that doesn’t really have important characters anymore.

Apart from Thrall, who’s only relevant as a secondary character to Anduin, all the other reamining Horde characters are random NPC quest givers at best, but none can really become a main character anymore, neither male or female ones.

1 Like

So Gul’dan was a Horde character? :rofl:

I think what he means is that there isn’t a lot of representation for Horde races… So Orcs, Undead, Tauren, etc, which is definitely true.

2 Likes

Last time I checked though, Gul’dan wasn’t the current King of Orgrimmar, and didn’t come back with his new Horde allied race to hang out in Orgrimmar.

His reasoning for it was off, but saying that Anduin and Alleria aren’t Alliance characters is far more egregiously bad.

3 Likes

Last I checked, Anduin hasn’t been in Stormwind for over 5 years and intentionally doesn’t want to return.