Bard class

bards might be cool

Bard’s would be amazing, I would totally main a bard, 2 DPS specs and 1 support would make perfect sense.
Blade bard, Spell Bard, and Buff/Healing bard…
very much like the Everquest Bard, beautiful class it is.

Magical musical notes fluttering about…I need this in my life.

The only purpose for Bards is to be buff bots. If they’re not buff bots they serve no purpose.

Not true, though they are more seen as support, much of the bards from other games and lore can be seen in all shapes and forms, they are known as the jack of all trades after all.

We have Druids and Shaman for that. Also “Jacks of all trades” tend to be Red Mages, not Bards.

What would a “Bard” be able to do that’s not accomplishable by another class?

While I do agree that a bard doesn’t bring anything new in the current paradigm,

Only in the FF world. Red mage isn’t a thing in D&D. Bards can be rogues, bards can be healers, bards can be arcane casters (glass cannons) and bards bring tons of non combat solutions with bluff/diplomacy, which is not a thing that applies to WoW but still -bards are the de facto jacks of all trades.

(EDIT: And they can do all those things very well, not even with specific builds)

Well again, we have Shaman and Druids for that. Also we don’t have a Bard hero to even base a class off of.

It isn’t always about filling the gaps, it’s a roleplaying game, we should be given more options to role play in Azeroth is all, bards do exist in the world.

Maybe the next expansion can usher in the Bard tie in :slight_smile:

Bards exist in the world, but they’re heavily associated with Rogues. Also Blizzard had made it rather clear that any new class has to match the theme of the expansion it’s introduced in. Unless we’re doing WoW: The musical, I don’t see a Bard class entering the game.

Blizzard developing a lore character to base this class on would help a lot.

i played a bard in ffxi. it was basically a class that existed to buff your group and do some light backup healing. it was ridiculously fun.

1 Like

The likelihood of this happening is slim I agree with that, we are just voicing what we’d like in the game.

Any company with enough creativity can make this happen, just like most of their classes/races, they add a 100-300 questline chain introducing them to the world and their purpose…it’s really not hard to wrap your head around, you seem to be dead set on trying to shoot down any possibility, it just sounds like you have a really closed mind. It isn’t hard to bring in Bardic Elves or Humans as a minor part of a new expansion to make this a reality.

In all of these discussions no one has come up with a play style niche for this class to exist in. Like what’s the point of it? We have multiple classes who buff themselves with music or voice (Battle Shout, Horn of Winter, Song of Chi-Ji, Divine Hymn, Stampeding Roar, etc.), and we even have a history of classes bringing a variety of auras (Paladins, Shaman, Hunters).

So again, what is this class bringing to the table that simply can’t be implemented into an existing class/specialization?

My thoughts exactly. Bards seem to be a class best suited for a role that currently doesn’t exist in wow. This is way I think they aren’t coming any time soon.

I understand the game doesn’t need them, but the already existing classes already overlap on some of their abilities, they are more to add flavor to the game. A lot of people including my self are fans of the Bard.

They could easily add new buffs to the game, mass resistance, purifying, speed, mastery, versatility group/raid buffs, sure some of these may already exist but that allows other classes to pick other auras, etc. Bards could also be a DPS spec as well from spells to blades, very much how druids have various types of battle systems.

I understand what you’re saying, but you’re still running into some massive issues. For starters having a buff class like that runs counter to the Holy trinity system. We had buff classes in Vanilla and TBC and largely abandoned them because people were only taking 1-2 of those classes to raids because they needed their buffs but their DPS was awful. This same issue happens in every game where classes like that exist, and thankfully Blizzard moved away from that design and embraced the trinity instead.

Secondly Blizzard has never had a Bard class in Warcraft, even in their tabletop games. There has also never been a Bard hero in Warcraft ever. That’s an indication that Blizzard simply doesn’t view Bards as worthy of being heroes, and are instead just entertainers. I think the Bard is a fantastic candidate for a profession, but I’m not seeing a viable direction for a class.

Also the idea of a DPS Bard always runs into the same issue; They sound like a Rogue.

No… no bard class… there isn’t enough alcohol in game and out to hear some peoples singing over voice chat…hic!

You make some valid points, I guess some of us can dream :laughing:

wow gamepedia com/Bard_(April_Fools)

It was an epic April Fools

It breaks the holy trinity. Never gonna happen.

bard class has been done in other mmos very well. i would personally like to see something like a ragnarok online bard, lots of buffs/debuffs as area of effect spells, damage could be mostly dot based, stacking a little band together playing the same or different songs would alter their effects ie 1 song gives x haste, another x crit, combined they give a little less of each but also give x of main stat. or playing the same song of x haste turns into an attack speed boost like a mini lust. or different instruments could do different effects, guitar for a caster/healer spec, drums for a physical damage dps. I dunno im making it more complicated than it needs to be, point is its something totally different that would fit well in a game like wow.

1 Like