Barbed Shot timer

I don’t want to use any extra addons just to keep track of the timer for Barbed Shot. Is there a macro or some other way to get it to let me know I can cast barbed shot again without having to take my eyes off the action on the screen to look at my toolbar keybind?

Without an external tracker of some kind it’s going to be tedious.

One option is to move your pet’s frame closer to your line of view and keep an eye on his frenzy buff duration, and just hit barbed shot whenever it’s under 2 seconds.

Another option is to just use barbed shot on CD without worrying about frenzy stacks, but that’s going to be a sizeable dps loss in most situations.

Third option (best option imo) is to just use an external tracker. I know you said you didn’t want to use any extra addons, but if you’re already using WeakAuras (popular addon for tracking CDs and things like that) you can find an import string from wago.io. A good one I remember seeing is just a normal icon that lights up whenever you should hit barbed shot (<2 seconds on frenzy buff or at 2 stacks).

edit: linking the wago below

https://wago.io/Vy_cmLXaz

1 Like

I believe, and I could be wrong here, but it should show up if you turn on personal resource display (an option in the default WoW interface) it should show the Frenzy timer. I have no idea how it works or what it looks like as I’ve just always used the Weakaura.

This should be correct yes.

It should show up as the regular icon for the Frenzy-buff, showing duration as well as number of stacks.

Personally though, I’m not a fan of showing it/tracking it via an icon. I prefer it as an aura bar, so I’m tracking it by using the addon NeedToKnow.