Banning Gold Buyers

They wouldn’t. Players only need an active subscription, which is easy enough to make. No longer is there a requirement to buy the game.

There are only positives, as it removes the gold that would cause the server economy to turn to crap.

I’m with ya on this.

#nomtx #tellbillyNOmtx #stopthewhaling
I hope blizz goes back to perma bans for gold buyers/sellers. I just don’t think they want to spend that much money.

1 Like

Necromancer was not a class in vanilla WoW

I don’t think you can be arrested by the police, so it’s probably not “illegal.”

Their company, their rules. That’s what you agreed to when you clicked the “I accept” button when you scrolled to the bottom of that wall of text when you first started playing.

Is buying gold still against the T.O.S? I mean technically isnt every token buying gold? just because there is a step between getting the token and getting the gold doesnt mean its not buying gold.

This ^

I really love this idea. Blizzard needs to go all out Chris Hansen from date line on buyers.

Focus on arresting drug buyers not drug sellers.
The DEA should simply set up its own persuadeo drug buying website and go out onto the streets advertising drugs for sale.
Anyone who buys the drugs gets an instant arrest.
Starve the drug sellers of buyers.

Do you know how dumb this sounds?

Classic isn’t for you. BFA with the micro transactions is >>>>>> that way.

1 Like

you do realize if that were true it also works in reverse too.

If you post the token at 120k and the person buys it for 150k you still only get 120k?

also the price does not change that much in the time of 1 token purchase, you do not get the gold till the token is purchased and tokens are purchased which is usually under 24hs

Oh and this thread still has yet to give a reasonable method of detecting a wow buyer who has half a brain.

Player talks to gold seller using email(blizz cant see it)
player posts X random items for high prices on the AH
Seller buys item off the AH from player after getting payment from player.

All Blizz has seen is some random items selling above value on the AH, considering that people routinely sell vendor items on the AH for very high mark up and tmog pricing is completely subjective how do you catch these people?

I know that it works both ways.

The fact that some gold is removed dies not negate the fact that some of the gold that players get for their tokens is conjured out of thin air.

Thats exactly what it does… if you erase gold and add gold they negate eachother.

That would drop sub numbers significantly, not to mention cause lawsuits probably.

Lets expand on the original post.

1. Blizzard can quite easily see who the gold sellers are, sure, you as a buyer may personally contact direct via email but the person you are buying from most definitely spams chat for their services. Blizzard could even buy the gold themselves to find the exact account the gold comes from or where it is farmed. When you can watch people and their actions it is very easy. If these accounts buy high priced items on the auction house blizzard knows who is buying gold…

2. If blizzard spams chat on an account offering gold for sale and people process the transaction, the money can be refunded and the account banned.

Knowing that buying gold can get you banned will put value on gold and the content of the game.

What has changed between early wow and today is the prevalence of buying runs through content with high end guilds.

I was a teenager during original wow but now have a decent job, if there is no consequence of buying gold, I feel like I am wasting my time when I could pay $100 for the gold required to get carried through the content for the gear.

It very well could work. I do not want to sound dismissive but I can see less people buying gold, prices dropping thus causing even more “HUGE SALE” advertisements to be spammed.

Someone who buys gold is very likely to be someone who would spend on Blizzard’s own micro transactions. Zero chance they are actively trying to ban them. More likely to put them on a list to target with their own advertisements, than ban them. These are their prized whales.

Nah, that’s too much work for no profit. I’m sure Bliz will think of something $$$

So you think the people who sell the gold spam on accounts linked to the ones that contain the gold… I doubt they are that stupid especially since those accounts get banned quick and that gold is gone then.

so basically you could only catch people that bought gold through contacting the honeypot gold spammers…
if they just search for a gold buyer online and spend a bit of time verifing its a legit gold seller you are fine.

I agree with your suspicion. Gold farming, selling, hacking and looting accounts was rampant and obvious, but Blizz did damn-all about it that we could tell.