Banning GDKP is pointless

Well it demonstrates how silly banning GDKP’s is so yeah it’s bad for GDKP haters :stuck_out_tongue:

How do you cope with this?

Just gonna claim you know better than the people with the metrics to know these things?

1 Like

i get annoyed by spam but i wouldn’t ever want blizzard to step in and ban things or people to fix it. I can use the ignore feature like a mature adult.

1 Like

You screwed up the analogy. Pink shirts don’t incentivize littering on the streets.

yes…that’s exactly what i’m saying. Blizzard lost their credibility long ago…and continues to shovel dirt on itself every year. I put zero faith in about 95% of the things they claim.

1 Like

I guess we’ll see in phase 2 whether there’s any truth to that or not. Or if this has as little merit as any of their other claims about the things they do to combat RMT/botting.

2 Likes

Well you’re full of beans mister, that’s a nonsense stance to take.

I play on lonewolf…i will bet you 50g that RMT is just as bad after GDKP is gone, if i’m wrong you can get 50g on a new char on a new server, but if im right…you have to come here and make a post about how wrong you were…and you have to name me in the post.

what say you?

1 Like

And you’re the arbitrator of how bad RMT is at any given time, with all this data you have access to? What a goofy reply.

No, it didn’t.

Here’s an actual analogy to what the OP is saying.

People are littering.
Littering gets banned.
Attention: “But…but some people will still litter and not get caught!”

So what? Do you really expect a law to have 100% success rate? If it doesn’t, then it’s not worthwhile? Might as well repeal every law ever made.

1 Like

i didnt think so.

Tell me exactly how “bad” RMT is right now and tell me exactly what data you used to reach that conclusion?

I have no strong feelings on GDKP either way. That said I love that they banned GDKP so we can finally see who’s wrong and who’s right as we observe the amount of illicit gold and RMT influencing the economy.

The copium will be strong as phase 2 progresses for some people.

2 Likes

it’s more like

People are littering.
Blue Plastic straws sold only on wednesdays get banned.
Everyone rejoices that littering is solved.
Attention: what about all this trash everywhere still?

Yea, I feel the same. I can’t wait to see whos right and who’s wrong.

Gonna be far funnier though if nothing changes lol

3 Likes

RMT is VERY bad. there are several great videos out about it you can watch. small wharehouses full of computer screens with like 30-50 accounts per screen farming. A simple google search will give you nearly infinite sites to buy gold from for every single version of wow you can think of, including private servers.

you can also go to certain known places that are bot hotspot choke points on your very own server and watch bots flyhack like crazy. Or do a /who for the known instances they farm on repeat and see your screen full of names like “owieurowie” and “jksdjfksd”.

The information is out there if you take some time to look.

1 Like

I agree that RMT is awful right now possibly worse than ever in the history of WoW, but how do you expect to compare that to what happens in the near future with any degree of certainty?

I reckon bots will just wring out tons of BOE’s and that will be the new popular commodity since spending gold in raid is now a thing of the past. Things won’t change much.

1 Like

i already know how it will be, because all that matters is this: Can they still make money. The answer is yes, they can still make just as much money as before…so the bot/RMT problem will remain unchanged. The only way to make anything different is to make the profit impossible or the act impossible. Otherwise nothing will change.

Agreed, bots and RMT are here to stay as long as blizzard refuses to do anything about them. GDKP was a tool and they took that tool away and there are plenty of other tools there for use. I’d rather be wrong and it demolishes a large portion of RMT… but again, it’s blizzard.