Banned for too much honor

Of course they mass reported u. Are u guys breaking lol

Where have they said that? What about the instance of grizzly mass reporting people and getting them banned? Show us the sources.

Iam are you using any macros when you pool party?

Link to thread

A review of an innapropriate name isn’t evidence that applies to this situation

Unfortunately some people are so fragile, they try to report posts for any little slight (or at least as they see it in their mind). Rather than act like an adult and just move on. This is after all, the generation that associates words they do not like, to violence. Way of the world man. Just let it go, don’t engage.

1 Like

This is where Blizzard confirms that there’s no such thing as an “auto-ban” from mass reports.

What mass reports do lead to is an investigation. If the investigation turns up any violations, the appropriate actions are taken. So, it stands to reason that when Grizzly mass reported people and said people got banned, it is because the investigation, which was prompted by the mass reports, had turned up a violation.

2 Likes

In all honesty, I’m a raider that slow ranks.

But I’m starting to see this “bracket system” as a problem for players that can’t gain honor the same way a premade can.

WoW has a big Honor Mafia problem.

This is not a rotating group of players but generally the same groups of players and their alts holding high ranks/brackets hostage because apparently they think they control how other people play.

Harassing other players because they are gaining more honor than your friends, and making plans to try and sabotage or punish other players is like a guild camping BWL for weeks, 24/7 just to prevent you from making raid times and progressing.

This should not be allowed and players should NOT have this type of power over other players.

Players harassing other players because of honor or found to manipulating honor should be banned because let’s be honest: It’s only a small group of players doing it.

6 Likes

And then reporting those that compete for the top spots. On top of that nothing is actually being reviewed when mass reported (I am at this point 100percent sure) or when it is they are too far behind to want to catch up again.

3 Likes

Overworked or incompetent most likely.

2 Likes

Or those people could simply be part of the ranking community and stack properly instead of adding weeks to the most unhealthy part of the grind for people. Sounds like you have zero understanding of the honor system

1 Like

If there aren’t auto bans being issued that means there is massive dereliction of duty on the part of GMs because if they are actually reviewing these things there is no reason for a ban to ever be reversed and yet we’ve seen it happen plenty of times.

Gms apparently just see that a person has 20 reports and blindly swat the ban hammer because they are too busy commenting on forum threads about WoW poetry to do anything meaningful. Either that or they’ve been outsourced to some 3rd party with zero knowledge of the game.

It’s pretty clear at this point they do little to nothing that involves actual investigation.

3 Likes

Sounds like reading comprehension is not your strong point.

The way you’re talking, fake elitist like, when in reality its:

• YOU that decided to grind to Rank 14.
  • YOU that choose to be part of a “ranking community”.
  • YOU don’t dictate what other players do or how they play.

It’s about YOU.

No one needs to cater to YOU, because it will make your lifeless grind a lot easier for YOU.

You can grind honor with your “community” all you want.

But you don’t harass other players because they don’t want to be a part of it.

WoW isn’t just about what YOU and what YOUR friends want.

5 Likes

You don’t understand that the people who run the brackets could simply out grind you and reduce the pool size to prevent you from ever ranking. They set up a system and community to make the grind less toxic for all players and people who refuse to participate and intentionally break caps have no right to complain about how they are treated.

1 Like

Are you doing anything that MIGHT be considered exploiting or unfair advantage.

1 Like

And thank you for telling everyone why “Ranking Communities” can be considered harassment of other players.

4 Likes

Reporting slights is pvp!

personally i don’t care for ranking community or stacking, but i do involve myself in it as the top grinder on my server. i stop and let people in the top bracket catch up to me, I don’t have to but no one has ever passed me or snaked me, until this ban.

but i can’t figure out what i even did wrong and only get automated responses.

Yep just another example of you having no idea of how the system works and how the top tankers are actually making things easier for every person who pvps to rank efficiently and easily.

Oh look we are back to complaining about the “Honor Mafia” from someone else. No, it generally does not work like this.

it makes no sense for anyone to want to hold you back once you’ve got the RP for the higher bracket spots and this pretty much never happens. You get what you need and get out of the systems so someone else can come in. That’s how it works almost all the time. A rank 9 does not need to get top honor/a top bracket spot, it doesn’t do much for them, whereas a rank 13 needs one of those spots to get to 14 in 3-4 weeks instead of the 9-10 weeks it would take in bracket 13.

I find the rank 8s and 9s complain the most about this all and act like they are being held back. They don’t even understand how the system and diminishing returns work for the most part.

I get where you are coming from with groups of high-rank players who exclude new people and only stick with their friends and earn very good honor, but you know it’s not unlike a guild that plays together. If another group doesn’t exist you’ve just got to form your own group and work to get better and better as time goes on, because there are others looking for the same thing.