Banned for playing too much?

Reading here seems like there was a “wave” of people banned for PvPing. Does this seem to be the case? Unfortunately the other person’s thread I was following here was closed.

Me, I love to PvP and play every battleground. There is just no way it’s possible I was ever AFKing. Even taking a screenshot of every scoreboard after each game.

Yet no day, time, or bg is given to me as to what I was AFKing. So how could I prove I played?

It’s outstanding to me that this type of mistake is even possible. But then again I also read this happening to other players in different parts of the game, simply just for playing a lot.

15 years of playing and these mistakes and issues only seem to be getting worse over time.

Quite disheartening. These types of “interactions” just make me want to walk away from it all.

What’s the phone number I can call to talk to customer service?

If you feel like the action taken against your account was in error, appeal it until they tell you no more appeals will be read. It is against the rules to try and contest your account action via the forums and that would be one of the reasons the other thread was closed. Appeal via ticket is the ONLY way to go.

5 Likes

Yup, that’s what I’ve done.

Not contesting anything here per say, check out this thread:

Do you have the customer support phone number?

There’s no number to call because ban appeals ain’t done over the phone. More to the point, the people whom handle appeals ain’t going to debate the matter.

3 Likes

There is no number, and never has been to appeal an account action. Only the ticketing system as I stated already.

Just to note, an appeal is not you trying to talk with them. It is to get a new set of eyes to go over the logs they have and see if the account action was done in error. Once they tell you no more appeals will be looked at, then it is over.

5 Likes

Hmm, I don’t recall this being the case.

I’ve spoken on the phone with customer support before. Being as I’m an adult with no reason to lie or try to hide anything, treating me like a child isn’t appropriate.

But it’s cool, I get that you’re just another player replying. Not sure why, you’re not customer support.

Yes, they used to have a customer support number, but that number was retired because of people calling in for things that were not supported by that particular system. Such as trying to appeal an account action.

5 Likes

No specifics are provided. If you were penalized for non-participation it isn’t usually a single game that is the cause, it is multiple games that our team looks at.

We do not use outside evidence in our investigations so there is nothing that you need to provide to prove anything. If you believe the penalty was done in error you just need to submit an appeal

We do not have a direct phone number, appeals are only handled through the appeal process.

10 Likes

The forums ain’t a mean to bypass the ticking system. The blues here ain’t able to handle anything of this sort and will just tell you to appeal the account action if you think it was done in error.

1 Like

Was looking for a phone number.

I see. Cool.

Anyone can in good standing is allowed to post to any given thread. I’m sorry if you don’t like that answer, but it is what it is.

2 Likes

That’s fine, I’ll simply ignore you since you’re an obvious troll.

Yes, and unfortunately, the majority of phone contacts we used to receive were not about matters that we could handle. Many of them were reporting bugs, suggestions/feedback about the game, or asking for game hints. The phone line was intended for billing and technical matters. We changed to a different system, which can include a callback system for cases that warrant it, but we no longer have a direct line.

This forum isn’t a contact point specifically and only for Customer Support staff. As with the majority of our forums, this forum is for players to discuss World of Warcraft and aspects related to it, just on CS related topics.

8 Likes

Of course, that is within your power but as stated, any player in good standing may post here. Many of your fellow players have knowledge and insight into many aspects of our policies and procedures to better help others. A blue response is by no means guaranteed and you would be remiss to ignore much of the advice that others have provided as the information they have provided thus far has been accurate.

I don’t believe it would prove productive to leave this one open so I’ll be closing it. Good luck.

12 Likes