Banned account for sending gold from my 2nd account to my main account

My primary account was banned in this recent ban wave for sending gold from my second account to my primary account. What makes it make even less sense imo is that the 2nd account (the one gold was sent from) is perfectly fine, as well as the fact it jumped straight to a ban. I have an appeal in the process, and it was escalated but it is taking forever, which given blizzcon and the ban wave, it’s understandable, but very frustrating that sending myself gold over the same battle.net account would trigger a ban.

For all the recent sanctions we’ve had coming through here, not one of them have been because of this.

GDKP runs have been a running theme, but even Blizzard did not directly tell you that your sanction was due to sending gold between your accounts.

Unfortunately, there are no GMs on this forum. No staff at all comes here beyond our SFAs, and they have no part in the investigations, sanctions and appeals process. You have to wait on your appeal ticket. There isn’t any other way to go about this. They get to all tickets in the order that they were received, and your time will come as they work through the system.

I do wish you luck with your appeal.

5 Likes

I do appreciate this. Much of the gold did come from GDKP’s and I had wondered about that since you never know where GDKP gold came from really. I am trying to be patient, it just sucks missing ICC raids since it has been my favorite raid in any expansion.

Yeaaah, that is very likely to be the culprit. They’re usually not so clear about what triggered the sanctions, but there have been over half a dozen threads at this point and I’ve lost count of the people who’ve posted - and pretty much all of them have been people involved with GDKP runs.

Source

If it helps any - and while it’s not a guarantee in how your particular case will be addressed - folks who have put in appeals? There have been quite a few who had the ban knocked down to a suspension, and at least one instance where it was overturned entirely. Just to give you some kernel of hope with the stipulation again that I’m just relaying what we’ve seen here and not that you’re guaranteed the same.

It’s just the wait times for things across the board right now suck while you’re stuck in limbo.

5 Likes

I really appreciate the feedback and the source here. I do have some hope, but also am trying not to get my hopes too high as you never know regardless of circumstance. Hoping for the best.

1 Like

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. If you think to and this thread doesn’t get hijacked and locked down - please do pop back in and let us know how it turns out?

And also, one final note. You are allowed to appeal and appeal again. You can keep appealing until they warn you that no more will be accepted, but something to keep in mind depending on how the escalation investigation turns out.

4 Likes

Yeah I will for sure do that if I am able.
That’s great advice, hopefully my first ticket that was escalated is enough but just in case a great way to keep trying.

1 Like

If you do GDKP runs then that could very well be the reason. If you get your account back it is best to avoid them. Like you said you never know where the gold came from and this case it will get you in trouble.

1 Like

I apoloigize for the delay, this was reviewed. I’d check your email this morning.

11 Likes

I got my account back this morning. Appreciate the advice and tips

11 Likes

That’s great to hear! Glad everything worked out in the end foryou.

5 Likes