Ban tanks from rated solo shuffle

Which one, :clown_face:

Are you a cub of course

Nope, feel better

Then why name yourself that :C?

edit no :peanuts:

Your post right there just proved the crux of why posters in this thread REALLY are upset about. It’s about certain tank specs like prot war and guadian who have more damage/utility than the others. (Prot war apparently was nerfed on beta but the notes don’t make it easy to tell how)

Arena players only have an actual problem when it runs counter to their dps cooldowns and their burst. There’s no reason that a smart dps can’t kill the average tank minus guardian because apparently covenant abilities are still useable. I’ve seen plenty of matches where good dps ALWAYS wins.

And to the player who said you don’t have to be good at tank to win or basically not even know your class, I’d call HUGE BS on that front. A tank who knows their kit and how to use will be a huge help to their teammates. And the unknowledgeable will simply fold super quick due to lack of smart usage of cooldowns.

1 Like

I feel like I am pretty unbiased with regards to this as I do play Prot Pal from time to time and I have to say allowing tanks to play in their own bracket is really bad for the game.

• Some specs just require a healer to perform in 3v3. It’s a miserable experience if you are one of those specs.
  • Allowing certain specs to avoid the larger meta creates a host of issues.
  • The tank bracket will be smaller therefore increasing the odds of people being able to win trade/cheat.
  • Prot Pal isn’t the only “healer” tank spec. For example Bear druid has at times been able to heal as well as prot pal with passive resto affinity, regrowth bombs, and other abilities that absorb damage for teammates.

There’s more too, but this issue has been re-hashed so many times I cba to go over it in minute detail every time. Tanks taking the role of healers is obviously bad. Just look at this forum and reddit lol. People hate it. They need to have tanks take a dps slot and only 1 tank per series so there is never a side with healer/tank/tank.

I also think this bracket could be making queues longer as well since it’s splitting the queue 3 ways with a healer queue, a tank queue, and a prot pal queue.

2 Likes

Should honestly just reduce the wog nerf and let prot pallies q as healers

2 Likes

I agree, and if you reread my posts, I am not in the “ban tanks” crowd. They should absolutely be allowed and viable. No RPG company is ever going to just completely disallow an entire role from any endgame competitive content type.

The issue is lack of healers in the tank matches. That completely changes the format of the match for the dps players. You are playing the same format every time you queue as a tank, and your format is considerably narrower than the other format. Many things that will increase in rating in the other format don’t work in your format. As you climb, you are consistently advantaged in your matchups as a tank because of this.

This is in context of matches with healers.

Why not name it that.

True, you’re allowed to name yourself whatever you want. Proud of you Cubby C:

:nail_care: :nail_care: :nail_care: :nail_care:

You show those toxic tanks who’s boss >:C

Will do, thanks for seeing it my way

Healers are graced by not being forced to occasionally play with the lesser support role.

1 Like

When I queue my alt dps the tank with the best name will get my undivided attention and help.
Will be fun

Meta is already superfast, games are done quickly even with healers.
Just remove Tanks from Solo Q.

You could also do two tanks per series and just code it to not ever put those on the same team. tank/dps/healer v tank/dps healer.

I tried making sense of that and couldn’t make it work without repeating a team combo or having 2 tanks on a team together. Only way was 1 tank per series.

People queueing tanks in arena is no worse than people who queue Rdruid/Outlaw 2s, Destro Locks S2/3, Demon Hunter in BFA S4, Outlaw RMP, etc.

At least you see far less tanks than any other oneshot cheese or predatory-control specs played by total psychopaths who unironically use evasion the moment anyone even glances in their direction because they know it will be up again quickly anyway.

1 Like

Tank queues werent so bad because they were relegated to low mmr however more and more people are just swapping tanks and it is getting to the point where every game last night I got as boomy (basically got 0-6 because most of the people I vs are dh/spear warrior) was a tank game and I just had to stay in stealth the entire time and hope the dh didn’t find me and I won more games then coming out of stealth always fun.

Atleast I can play my class. In solo shuffle tank queues everyone realizes im the only caster and just piles me every time where it is better for my team to just not come out of stealth, that is now how the game should be played.

1 Like

And this is an extremely valid criticism. Not so much about tanks, but rather about arena as a whole.

Casters have almost nonexistent survivability without support and somehow, ironically, they have extreme amounts of survivability with support in most cases.

As far as tanks go, are they still forcing tanks to only queue against the same tank spec? Because soemthing like Prot Paladin vs Brewmaster, for example, is an extremely unfair matchup. Prot Paladins are head and shoulders above other tanks with regard to support potential and any prot paladin who uses their tools should absolutely not be losing to other tanks.

You’d have two repeat matches. I don’t know if it’s better to have that or if it really matters whether both teams have a tank and a dps if both teams have healers.