Ban RestedXP

I am not sure. I was told they made it clear as to what else it was but if you read through where I asked and the replies I got, it didn’t seem clear to me, other than it was a guide. Maybe you can decipher?

1 Like

I scrolled for 10 min and was not able to find out its nefarious usage.

1 Like

Just reminded me to buy the new Cata guide. Thank you!

1 Like

It’s free to download and use.

mmhmmm… me either.

Here is the catch. the DEVELOPER doesn’t charge for the add-on. The DEVELOPER does not charge for a premium version of the add-on. The DEVELOPER does not charge for services related to the add-on. The DEVELOPER does not require some form of monetary compensation to download or access the add-on.

The guides you purchase on a website with the same name as the add-on are not made or sold by the DEVELOPER of the addon. It is a third party that sells the guides, not the actual DEVELOPER.

It is the same concept as paid for WA scripts. The DEVELOPER of WeakAuras did not make them or charge for that addon or it’s services, a third party is selling scripts to be used by their add-on.

1 Like

We’ve had paid guides since vanilla.

I dont know what required 200 posts of crying about an addon that is just questie with a guide you slot into it.

2 Likes

And anyone who has paid for the guide or access to the weakaura can give the link to…whoever they want free of charge.

Theres no DRM on this stuff

The only people violating the ToS are the creators of RXP. There’s no problem with using an addon that helps guide you. You also shouldn’t worry about how others play the game. Quit complaining and go have fun. Also, you can find cracked versions of RXP available online pretty easily. Everybody knows somebody, so it’s not like anyone is getting left out. Just do some digging if you really want RXP, or do what some people do and download TomTom and WoW pro guides from CurseForge.

The creator of RestedEXP addon is not the same people that run the RXP website and sell the guides. That is the loophole. The DEVELOPER of the addon isn’t violating the ToS, since the developer isn’t in violation the addon isn’t in violation. The ToS does not cover what a third party can or can not do with your addon. It specifically lays out limitations for the Developer and nothing more.

Now is the Developer getting kick backs and paid for his work? undoubtedly. But he himself is not charging players to use his addon so he doesn’t violate the ToS.

They do charge for services in the addon though

1 Like

Can you not read? Several people have answered this already…

The addon is FREE, you are paying for their leveling knowledge/routes, which is not against the TOS.

It’s like buying a guide book for Zelda at Best buy.

1 Like

He can’t read. He does not want to read. He gets some sort of weird jollies from being a forum troll.

I suspect he can barely get the crayons back into the box let alone comprehend anything.

1 Like

It’s a paid addon though.

It’s an addon that integrates paid services.

3 Likes

This add on costs 1000’s world and realms first level cap in wrath.

Oh wait it didn’t. It was a retailer who worked a raid trash mob trick that I recall lol.

Funny bit is this now cata…round 2. Even retail converts like me if they started in legion….have leveling strats for cata. We did this too before chromie time.

I won’t be going under da sea. I know what lays in the murky depths. Pain and suffering is there.

Addons have got by for years on the fact that if the addon itself is free they can charge for scripts that run in it, nothing is going to change ever in that regard

People have been fighting this fight basically since the game started

1 Like

I’ll never understand why people pay for restedxp when Questie and guidelime exist

1 Like

i do zygor because i prefer the layout and options it gives

i tried guidelime, it was… not great, granted that was a few years ago

Yep.

Hell even the writes ups on wowhead and such are fine.

Maybe it’s my irl stuff that blinds me. Irl will tell me yeah , don’t even plan on power level sessions.

I got my time in on prepatch last night, as I I know I won’t see decent game time till like maybe Sunday really.

I’m just gonna steal it :slight_smile:

1 Like