Ban RestedXP

• It’s a paid for addon which is against ToS
  • We all know it’s more than a “guide”

We all know it’s a paid for addon. They know it’s a paid for addon. Blizzard knows it’s a paid for addon. It’s time the ToS was enforced on these ne’er-do-wells.

21 Likes

Three times.

Guys, I think it’s a paid for addon.

Not sure what the addon ever did to this druid, but he’s upset because it’s a paid for addon.

7 Likes

Paid addons are against ToS for addons.

Should Blizz really be opening that can of worms for other addons/WAs?

18 Likes

the addon is not paid, the scritps and updates are, i use my zygor for 2 years now without paying a penny

3 Likes

That’s a lot of words to describe a paid addon

11 Likes

it runs properly for me with no updates or new scripts

2 Likes

I think paid guides are stupid, but the addon is pretty easy to use without paid guides as well so I don’t think Blizzard would feel the need to do anything about the actual addon.

3 Likes

just report for spam

there have been paid addons for like a decade

free version of rxp easily found from a google search

2 Likes

The addon is free, you get up to level 20 with the addon and then it costs money to get the guides. This is a loophole with the ToS and Blizzard seems fine with it since it’s been like this for many years.

I don’t even know what you’re alluding to, use you’re words.

If you really wanted it though, guide and everything for free there’s a site that posts the lastest version of RXP for all versions of WoW, including Pservers.

Why aren’t you talking about Zygors too?

3 Likes

Remember; It’s morally correct to pirate Zygor and Restedxp.

All add ons should be free. Charging for bits and pieces of it (or guides to use with the add on) is scummy.

26 Likes

Aggrend has a really close relationship with RestedXP guys. Part of the reason they didn’t add in RDF at the start of Wrath had to be some sort of influence from those guys on him so more people bought the guide. There’s more to it that I won’t go into but there’s a 0% chance restedxp gets banned.

5 Likes

Here are the facts.

Blizzard are well aware of the addon
Blizzard have determined that you pay for guides but do not pay for the addon
Blizzard have determined that this does not breach their addon policies

If you don’t like the addon, don’t use the addon. For reference, I do not use the addon.

That is all. Goodbye.

9 Likes

have you tried not paying for it? wont go into detail how because im sure ill get in trouble somehow but its not hard to figure out.

7 Likes

Every zone in Cata is so linear, the value of rested xp goes way down.

Rested xp/zygors was amazing for Vanilla and TBC, but it’s effectiveness just goes down from there.

4 Likes

Yes, but I think the question is is it paid for?

1 Like

As someone who’s never heard of this addon or guides until now, aren’t there plenty of free leveling guides out there already? And also other addons that have no paid element at all? Are these guides really so good that they can get away with charging for them? Am I missing something here?

1 Like

I tried it in some classic versions. The guides are pretty decent leveling wise, but it’s probably not substantially better than other random guides in terms of the quest order and what not.

I think the only thing that made RXP stand out was the auto-updating macro feature that automatically changes a targeting macro for you based on what quest you’re doing. That speeds up questing speed for a number of classic quests I think.

Get yer tinfoil hats here! Tinfoil hats for sale!

2 Likes

Oh, I remember that series of events. There is definitely a connection between Blizzard staff and RestedXP, they’ve managed to weasel their way into all the worst parts of Classic despite their addon clearly being against ToS.

There are, but this one basically plays the quests for you which seems to appeal to this newer generation of gamers.

It’s not a loophole. That just means the addon breaks ToS at level 20. The fact Blizz just kinda looks the other way on a set of very specific paid addons(that are also being promoted by WoW Classic “content creators”) just tells me they have a working relationship with the RestedXP people.

4 Likes

It clearly is a loophole because Blizzard haven’t done anything to make them change it. Blizzard decides the ToS and if they’re fine with it then it’s fine for them to do it.

RestedXP hardly plays the game for you, unless you consider giving direction to be playing the game for you.

I have a question for you, what’s your opinion on people like BilisOnyxia charging people for his TSM profiles?

Is that against Blizzard ToS in your eyes?

2 Likes