Ban Players Who Abuse Reporting

Players will report others in AV for suggesting a certain strat, kicking the player and causing them to have deserter debuff.

Players will report others in public chats if they don’t like their message, even if it doesn’t violate ToS. The player will be automatically timed out from chatting.

IMO, Blizzard should ban any player found to abuse reporting players in this way. Reporting a player AFK in a BG is for reporting AFK players not excluding people from social cliques. Reporting players is now being used as a form of abuse itself.

If Blizzard would simply ban any player who falsely reports another, maybe it would mitigate the rate at which players do false reports in the future, ensuring a better gameplay environment for everyone.

15 Likes

This has nothing to do with players reporting. You can get “timed out” for posting in public chats too quickly. You have to wait X amount, and you can begin posting in those chats, again. Slow down your Chats or compress your thoughts into one post, as best you can :cocktail:

You’re incorrect Flocket, that’s only Retail. Classic does not have that same limitation.

I have in one case been banned for calling someone a “retard” (they were ruining a quest area), but also for just not agreeing with the mainstream chat I’ve been timed out. I’ve been kicked from AV for mentioning a strat that wasn’t popular to mainstream chat, and so have many others (look at the forum, it’s littered with complaints similar to mine).

You might think you’re Joe Cop here correcting the record, but I think you’re naive to people abusing reporting systems.

Well, yes name calling will get you reported, and I don’t see how players could’ve possibly “falsely” reported you :cocktail:

7 Likes

It’s called “report player AFK”. You’ll see in time, welcome to WoW

You do not get an auto 24 hour ban just because someone reported you.
Someone reads the report, which contains a text dump of the chat involving you, then said person makes a ruling on it.

Obviously you gave them plenty enough reason

2 Likes

So far, from what you’ve told me, you violated the ToS multiple times. It’s not a false report, when you’re self admitting to participating in name calling. It’s not a nice thing to do, and Blizzard is against that. And you continue to violate the ToS/CoC with your inappropriate language. The level of sympathy for you is at zero, at least from my perspective :cocktail:

2 Likes

I never said things aren’t getting exploited. Just your particular situation is completely justified :cocktail:

1 Like

Well, your name calling is what got you reported, and you continue to violate the ToS. I’ve expressed this, multiple times. IDK how much more clear you need that to be expressed :cocktail:

2 Likes

better yet remove the report to kick feature

2 Likes

Apples and Potatoes
One is an automated system
The other is simply a reporting system.

Define after hours, as i am sure that i am in game during what ever time frame you think that is, and i am definitely not over seas.

I get it now though, you WANT a forum vacation, well continue on, probably get 1st class tickets.

1 Like

yea just ask this random idiet level 17 rogue, he’ll tell you all about reporting players, hes an expert you know

2 Likes

So many fedoras in here, yes there are 2 different phenomena at play here.

Here’s the real meat n potatoes:
People abuse both of them

Whatever gets you out of the BG. I don’t consider it a “false” report, no. You were unwanted in the BG, and I can see why, and none of those players deserve to be banned for essentially removing you from the BG :cocktail:

Yep, my choice of a Posting Avatar has nothing to do with the conversation, but y’all can keep trying :cocktail:

2 Likes

Yup, I can see why you got a suspension. Perhaps not run your mouth and it would happen. NOT saying report abuse doesn’t occur, but in your case, you might want to take a breather. :beer:

edit: just read your other thread…yeah, you had it coming

6 Likes

Um, no
People can and do abuse the afk kick in BG’s
We know this, thought you are probably the only person who simply brought it on themselves.
It is automated, it has no staff intervention in it.

Reporting you for chat violations on the other hand is not.
If 50 people report you for running into SW and /YELLing Gumdrops!
You are not getting a ban.
The report is going to contain a chat log of you yelling gumdrops, and it’s going into the dumpster file.

Yours is not, so someone is obviously seeing words in it worthy
of official retribution.

If you can not open your mouth (in text form) with out being reported by half the server, constantly, perhaps you should rethink the thought process operating your virtual mouth, as it is obviously flawed enough that a Blizzard employee agrees with the reporters.

5 Likes

I think you guys are wrong. Players should not use “Report Player AFK” to kick a player out of AV just because they don’t like them. It’s an abuse of the feature. Pretty obvious

As you should be.

4 Likes

Why? Is there not a profanity filter in the game? People need to understand the reporting AFK incident (what this thread is about) is different from my other thread (which some people are referencing saying I have 2 threads on the same topic), where I didn’t know you could be timed out for calling someone a retard. Now I know! No bad words in Blizzard games. Even knowing there is a profanity filter.

The topic of this thread is people reporting others for reasons that don’t violate ToS – for example, simply being a Level 52 in AV I was reported just because I’m not useful as a non-60. Things like that. I know we’re already witch hunt status, but there’s some context

Sooo…one thread not enough for you?

2 Likes