Balance should be updated in each phase for a true classic experience, not anchored to 1.12

We arent getting the warlock talent tree with the 31 point spellstone talent, even if worthless talents can be fun when people unknowingly choose them.

1.12 starts us at the very end of those changes, though.

You’re asking to start at the final patch, then go back in time with each phase and undo a bunch of balance changes.

If you were doing that, why wouldn’t you start at the launch patch of 1.1 in phase 1?

Again, you’re contradicting yourself.

You can’t have

without including all the balancing changes up to 1.12.

Which means you can’t take

Are you capable of making a meaningful contribution to anything other than your 17k achievement points? Literally all you’ve done is nit pick at my wording. It’s pretty obvious what I’m saying and I’m just going to ignore your posts because they contribute nothing to the conversation.

Considering you’re contradicting yourself, it’s not actually obvious at all.

Do you want:

a) 1.12 balancing in phase 1 and all the way through to Phase 6.

or

b) 1.1/1.2 Balancing in Phase 1, and 1.12 doesn’t get incorporated until phase 6.

You cannot have both because they are diametrically opposite positions.

I see the confusion here.

Per the content release plan here: Classic Content Plan

Phase 2 will be Dire Maul which was released in 1.3 Assuming we start at release at Phase 1 (patch 1.12 in this case), Phase 2 would include all the balance changes between 1.12 and 1.3 to account for the Dire Maul release.
BWL is Phase 3 and Patch 1.6 in classic. All balance changes on Phase 3 release should be what occurred between 1.3 and 1.6 to account for what balance was when BWL came out.
And so on…

Uh, 1.12 is One-Twelve. 1.3 is One-Three.

Patch One-One, and Patch One-Two are not 1.12

The only thing I could see them relenting on is allowing bugs that appeared in the late end of Vanilla to exist in Classic simply because they went with the snapshot. They could fix those bugs, other than that I want warts and all, LoS issues, etc.

1.12 < 1.3

In that case i have great news for you.

Phase 2 will have all the balance changes from 1.3, including the stuff that was in 1.12.

The problem there is that the release of new content adjusts balance with the release of gear. Some of that gear is only relevant to specific classes because of the balance they received to make them viable. It’s not advocacy of adjusting balance based on modern knowledge, it’s advocacy of adjust balance to fall in line with the changes that happened organically to accommodate new content which is already a part of the release schedule.

So basically each stage of Classic WoW needs its own PTR now.

Also, how do you verify that you’re making the changes correctly? 1.12 is the only working version of Vanilla WoW that they have. How do you know that they’re making the changes correctly if you have no reference to check against?

Am I just not understanding their versioning? What content is closest to what balance version is being used?

1.12 was the final patch of Vanilla which is what all of Classic will use for its balance. It’s what phase 6 would be.

Software versioning doesn’t work like normal decimals. 1.3 should actually be seen as 1.03.

Major patches went 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 1.4 -> 1.5 -> 1.6 -> 1.7 -> 1.8 -> 1.9 -> 1.10 ->1.11 -> 1.12

If you wanted the balance of each phase, then phase 1 should be at 1.1 or 1.2 balance.

1 Like

I have been dying on this ant-hill for nothing. Thank you.

It seems like it.

We’re getting the balance from the final patch of Vanilla. i.e. the “Most balanced” version.

Now do you understand why we were confused? :stuck_out_tongue:

Lets play a game where everything is perfectly balanced. All players start at a 5 and stay a 5 the entire game.

I don’t think it would be fair to only update Balance Druids every phase.

2 Likes

its all about ease of deployment

Ya, I definitely thought we were coming in around 1.1.2 - you could see where this whole grouping balance patches would make sense in that scenario, but I definitely think starting at 1.12 is a better choice than that.