Balance of Power will be account-wide in 10.0.7

Can’t test it right now. Blizz hasn’t updated the ptr servers from 10.0.5 to .7.

Good, was going to grind out nightfallen rep on this guy, now I don’t have to. I’m reading this like the first appearance will be account wide but the others on that row will still need to be unlocked individually.

#Blessed :dracthyr_comfy_blue:

I would be happy if you are right. Balance of Power needs to be account wide. It’s been a pain to have to re-do so much Legion content on my druid for the Balance of Power artifact appearance cat and bear forms. I wish I could’ve simply done it on my warrior instead since I’ve done a lot more Legion content on him compared to my druid.

then you are reading it wrong

I had fun doing that quest back in i think BFA

Glory was already account wide, so only thing new is Unleashed Monstrosities.

1 Like

Glory of the Legion Hero always has been account-wide. It was the only one that was.

1 Like

That’s not true, Archeology was account wide too.

Oh and the entire PvP row is account wide since Honor levels are account wide.

1 Like

Does on a druid. All my guardian alts have access to all Balance of Power skins already.

1 Like

How I read it is this:

The Balance of Power questline artifact appearance rewards are now account-wide.

Please correct me if my failing memory has this wrong, but I think this is right:

Completing this questline gave you the one extra appearance. If, along the way, you also completed “Unleashed Monstrosities” you also got that appearance on that character. I clearly remember the annoyance of having completed Unleased Monstrosities but had still not completed “Improving on History” so I didn’t get to have it. It was a matter of the order of completion, so had to complete IoH before getting the UM appearance.

So how they express it in the blue post is -

After unlocking the base appearance, the criteria for additional color variants (such as the Glory of the Legion Hero and Unleashed Monstrosities achievements) may be completed on any character to earn the appearances.

So, it seems that if Character A completed “Improving History”, that means that every other character on the account is assumed to have completed it and can earn the extra appearances by completing the other “Fighting with Style: Valorous” achievements to get the rest of the appearances.

My Paladin, for example, has not completed “Improving on History” but has done “Unleashed Monstrosities” so when the change happens I will get 2 new looks for Ashbringer and my other Pally specs.

That’s not what we’re talking about. It’s always functioned like that.

What I was saying is that was you have always needed to unlock the alt skins on the EXACT character you completed balance of power, in order to confer the model/transmog for alts of that class on your account. This change (which I still can’t see because the server isn’t updated) could mean that you no longer need to unlock the alt skins on that exact character you’ve done the balance of power quest. So warrior A, which did the quest, but you’ve done the +15 and unbound monstrosities on warrior B. Typically that would not give you the skin until you do vice versa.

Also what I was saying there was alts of all classes not alt warriors of my main warrior.

I can’t link a tweet, but WoW tweet confirmed it.

Once completed Balance of Power questline on a character will unlock ALL classes tints [only the base appearances] which means you don’t have to do the questline again and again on different classes.

You, however, still need to unlock another tints like Unleashed achievement.

No more farming Emerald of Nightmares! Yay!

1 Like

Yes, but you still need to do the questline on non druid classes. Imagine that, huh?

But with this change, it’s much easier now. I’m kind of surprised they decided to do that after, what, five years?

I’m gonna be brutally honest. Doing the quest 12 times is far easier than getting an alt geared to be acceptable for doing +15s with pugs (or people not thinking your own key is a trap) or not be a burden on guildees for alt keys. If that’s how blizz has changed it, then they are just setting themselves up for more complaints from people who are gonna see that +15 skin uncollected (provided they have done a timed +15 ever).

So, you’re fine with doing quest 12 times and working your butt off on getting gears for +15 keys…12 times?

Not me. :nail_care:

Uhh I would prefer doing the quest 12 times vs gearing out each class (remember gear is seasonal so if you take too long your effort is wasted) to complete a +15 per class.

I never said I would have liked to do both. Only saying that the effort that I have done to complete the questline 12 times is far less effort than I have done even in one season for m+ on my main.

I bought a carry back when a +15 was cheap. Wish I had bought 10 RBG wins during Legion to unlock purple sparkle kitty.

1 Like

Oh cool thats so great as a Dractyr Evoker main hell teah so happy they added this now.

4 Likes