Balance in 9.1 Kyrian or NightFae?

I’m new on balance druid, but I know that both NF and Kyrian as well as Necro are viable on 2.4k+ cr currently, but Balance of all things is getting nerfed in 9.1.
So the question is how is Boat leg nerf gonna effect NF balance in pvp overall?
Is the spec still gonna be viable?

I like how you phrased that. I mean, why on earth would they nerf balance druids. Not like they are completely overpowered or anything…

It’s literally the name of the legendary which is getting nerfed

6 Likes

5 year old American reading level ))):

1 Like

In my opinion, night fae boomie is dead in 9.1. It was already worse than kyrian , except at super low mmr where you could 1 shot players who don’t kick , stun , fear , silence , or walk around a pillar.

The 16% crit nerf is actually a 32% crit nerf during the 4 second incarn convoke window. That is a net 24% damage decrease to incarn convoke , which the entire spec revolves around.

Kyrians 3 minute go is almost as lethal as night fae, and it also has kill potential every minute . Kyrians new talent tree also look good for boomie - one gives flat mastery and the other gives a proc 12% primary stat.

Necrolord is also really good for dampening comps. Fleshcraft is not reduced by dampening , so it’s utility goes up as the game goes on. Top boomies swapped Necro so there must be a reason , but I don’t fully understand it. I still like kyrian better.

1 Like

Nah Debbyfrowner is a proud Canadian. Complete with insane meat prices, lockdowns, and canine love interests.

Yes, it will still be viable. People tend to conflate “viable” and “optimal” with each other.

You tell em’ Jan!

Mongoloid eu reading level

1 Like

necro with the dot leggo is nuts in wizard comps cuz you just dot and rot when CA is down. the random burst with astral power dumps is still there but the pressure is way more consistent.

if s2 is a lock meta which is being predicted, boomy/aff gonna be scary af.

Boomy aff already crazy with the moonfire spec. Both of those classes sit at 4k dps the entire game.

Can you explain the “moonfire” spec and how it is good? I don’t understand what synergies of abilities does so much damage.

Are you literally just moon firing all targets with the 10% damage increase pvp talent , dot lego? And then casting necrolord ability on cd?

Necrolord boomy

Yea outside of cds you basically jsut spam moonfire with the honor talent + dot leggy (25% one)+ necrolord it does some crazy damage.

I see, tnx for the info.
Yeah I like Kyrian so might do that.
For now I’ll stick with NF while I farm up gear and rating and later on switch.
As for necro I heard it’s good but still playing with dots is boring and whole of it’s vibe is meh.

Sup guurl come to the därk sîdé

Hopefully neither

English is not my native but I’m pretty sure viable means capable of working successfully.
Optimal means best or most favourable.
I don’t need the spec/covenant I like to be the best or fotm, just need it to be viable.

u feel bad now right?
u don’t need me to make u feel bad right?

1 Like

I think NF will fall of completely in all types of content during 9.1

The reason is all other covenants has % bonuses to damage or primary/2ndary stats in their soulbinds while NF has Niya that gives a mastery bonus of 400 that will be affected by diminishing returns. This will prevent them from scaling anywhere near the other covenants.

Combined with the BOAT nerf that already drops their dps by a signicant amount I think NF (convoke) either will get a rework or will fall of the map.