Bags Missing From Action Bar

Renamed the three folders. Bags still not there and all addons disabled.

Make sure you have any addon managers disabled when you do the full UI reset and/or reboot. If the managers are set to launch when Windows launches, and also set to auto-update your addons, then it’s gonna sneak in there and undo your Full UI Reset before you test again.

I do see two other reports of this since the last patch, but neither person returned to update anyone after their original complaint, so not only are we unaware of whether or not those players’ issues resolved themselves, we need to start at square one with troubleshooting.

Edit: It wasn’t two reports, it was one person posting in two places.

1 Like

Are you viewing your bags as individual bags or one bag using the in-game option and not an addon? Toggling that setting might shake the display loose.

4 Likes

I’m seeing the bags when I check your character, both in-game and out, so hopefully they are back now. That you can still access the content even when they are “gone” is a good thing.

If they disappear again, submit a bug report so our QA team can take a look.

3 Likes

This happens to me too, since last week. I found a short term fix. I buy new bags and relog and my stuff is back, but its happening every day now. I buy new bags at my own expense, then I log on and back on and the bags fill back up. Then time I log in, all my bags are gone again. This is getting ridiculous. I can’t keep buying new bags everyday and have to reorganize all my stuff. I pay too much money for this game to be so badly broken. Plus, I opened my help ticket 4 days ago with no response.

This is happening to me too I found a short term fix. I buy new bags and relog and my stuff is back, but its happening every day now. I buy new bags at my own expense, then I log on and back on and the bags fill back up. Then the next time I log in, all my bags are gone again. This is getting ridiculous. I can’t keep buying new bags everyday and have to reorganize all my stuff every time I play. I pay too much money for this game to be so badly broken. It is happening to many of us. This is not okay. My ticket has been ignored for over 4 days.

Tickets are averaging under a week however its doubtful a gm would be able to do anything vrak wouldve said otherwise.

2 Likes

We need more of an answer than our bug team will take a look. This is happening to a lot of people and it is a direct result of their code. They need to acknowledge it is an issue and say they are going to fix it. Otherwise, refund me my 14 months of pre-paid game time and I will leave this game. I cannot have to buy new bags every time I log in and re-organize all my stuff.

What more of an answer do you want? The Bug team would be the ones who need the information so they can figure out what is causing the bug and take it to the developers to fix the issue. Until such time, there is no more of an answer.

4 Likes

You’re kidding me right? I have mentioned this on the Bug Report support forum, no reply. Others have done the same thing. I have used the Bug Report in game for years without a single bug being fixed for multiple expansions.

What more do I want? I want a GM in game to acknowledge the issue and to say they will make this a priority. I do not want to spit into the wind without any knowledge that anyone has heard my cry, let alone planning to fix it.

If you think this is no big deal, then go ahead and delete all your bags everytime you log in, and then buy new bags, hope your stuff comes back after a 2nd relog, then reorganize all your stuff, then repeat this every time you want to play. This is not a minor glitch. This is a fundamental flaw in the system that makes game play unbearable.

4 Likes

You have 2 choices either be patient. Or b request a refund via account management stomping ur feet and making pointless demands arent gona get u anywhere.

5 Likes

Demands are how you exact change. You wouldn’t be on this forum, if there weren’t items you have found unacceptable and asked that they were corrected.

I’m not complaining about a nerf, I’m asking them to stop deleting my bags everytime I log off.

They aren’t deleting your bags. You have a display bug affecting your ability to see the bags, which is why you need to post your issue in the Bug Report Forum.

6 Likes

It’s not a display bug. My bags have been deleted. I have to buy new bags, put them in the slots, then log out and log back in to populate the new bags.

But not here, unfortunately for you. This forum is one for players to assist other players. It is NOT a contact point for the staff who do the fixes, or any other staff at all beyond our SFAs, and they do not relay along that data.

If you want the Devs to see your issues, you’re right in posting in the Bug Report forum or by submitting the bugs through the bug reporting interface. The only other thing you could do is to tweet @WarcraftDevs. No other staff can help you beyond them. GMs do not fix bugs, nor do our SFAs that you see posting on this forum.

The bad thing is that this isn’t a widespread issue. Not many people are having this happen, so it’s harder for them to replicate the issue, which is the first step in fixing a bug. There is a process, and no amount of a tantrum will make it happen any faster.

So if this is your line in the sand, you’ve been given your options in how to proceed. Should you actually decide to follow through, I do wish you well wherever your gaming takes you.

7 Likes

Thank you. That was a very helpful post :smiling_face:

1 Like

The last time there were posts on this issue someone found something that worked for them. There was an item in one of their bags that was causing the bags to bug out, causing the issue you are experiencing. If you have the bank space, while you are able to see the items in your bags, move everything to your bank. That includes what is in your backpack. Log out of your character and then back in. Make sure your bags are still there. Put your things back in your bags.

4 Likes

(Edits due to there being two separate complaints from two different players in this thread, and my 6am and caffeine-less brain mashed the two together…)

An employee specifically said this isn’t the case (assuming your issue is the same as the OP). Do you refute that? And if so, what would cause you to know better than an employee? You’re being confused by the logical fallacy that correlation implies causation. It does not.

The fact that the bug resolves when new bags are placed in the slots is a coincidence. This does not fix anything, as evidenced by the veteran employee who said that bags aren’t actually missing; players just cannot sometimes see them due to a bug.

This would also be evidenced by all of the items that were previously in your bags re-appearing after new bags are added. If the original bags were indeed deleted, the items would be gone as well.

That’s called a ‘work-around’; it’s not evidence that you’ve discovered and/or solved the problem. A band-aid that stops the bleeding doesn’t actually physically remove the bullet from one’s leg.

Actually, this would be excellent info to add to a bug report. As I mentioned there are only a very few other reports of this in recent times, and I don’t recall anyone uncovering the fact that if you drop new bags into the bag slots, everything re-populates.

In closing, as I always say in regards to Bug Reports, they’re a one-way system of communication for players to let Blizzard know they’ve found a bug in the game. One is virtually never asked for further information, and ETAs on fixes are never given. Dropping a bug report is the player’s end of the involvement in the issue, unless they’re contacted for more information.

Putting in a Bug Report and then holding one’s breath for a response or a fix is futile and unproductive. I am sorry you cannot see your bags. Yes, that sucks. But there’s a 99% chance your ticket will also instruct you to do a full UI reset and then post in Bug Report.

I dunno what else to say. Prepare yourself for this not to be fixed in the near future, and then decide how you want to move forward. If it is fixed soon, great. If it’s not, then you’ll be well into your plan on what to do instead.

Good luck either way.

(P.S. If you need money for bags, and you cannot hack it, roll a toon on Kilrogg (Horde) or Winterhoof (Alliance) and I’ll give you a battle pet you can sell that will pay for bags for a long, long time. Let me know and we can meet somewhere, if you’d like.)

7 Likes

Logged in this morning and they are showing on the action bar again. I really have no idea what happened but at least it is working now.

Thanks.

4 Likes