Bagnon substitute?

I’ve been using bagnon since wod or legion, but every time there’s a major change the addon doesnt work until nearly the 2nd season of the new xpac. I just want a bag addon that doesnt break for that long. I get all addons need time to acclimate to new api changes or whatever but I am getting very annoyed with how long it takes bagnon all the time. I want to be able to see alts’ bags and gold and controlling how many rows my bags are.

Baganator is great and updated

4 Likes

ayyy nice ya I can get used to this, thank you :3

Inventorian, also seems to be fairly stable

It seems that Inventorian depends on BagBrother to let you see your other characters’ (cached) inventories. But I could not find a way to install (let alone an updated version of) BagBrother except as part of Bagnon. Is that correct?

You can get it off Jaliborc’s git but BagBrother’s usually the thing causing errors in Bagnon. So, by the time there’s a working update to it Bagnon should be fixed.

1 Like

since bagbrother stopped showing other servers, i started using bagsync and just turn it(bag brother) off

I’m still using ArkInventory. It has many more options than Baganator.

However, it currently has a few subtle LUA bugs since the prepatch dropped, and (more importantly): it’s the ElvUI of bag addons. If it’s not exactly how you want it to be, you can change almost everything, but it takes a lot of study and experimentation to get where you want to go.

The curse of individuality.

Very true.

I almost cry from despair when I have to do anything serious with default bags. I have to use the search function a lot, and hope my aging brain remembers the right name to search with.

Arkinventory is a high burden to maintain (especially when the prepatch explodes the API it depends on) but it increases playing efficiency so much when it works.

1 Like

You can get an Alpha build off the GitHub site for ArkInventory. I think they pushed that version to Curse, also, because I’ve updated since installing the Alpha build, and haven’t had any bugs at all.