Badge Conversion

Will Cata badge conversion happen at prepatch or Cata launch? Do we have confirmation if it will be done the same way as before?

I don’t know. I wonder about this, too. Should I convert all my badges to get whatever heirlooms I don’t have? Is there any benefit to doing so, if I’ll never use them?

How was it done before, and is there any benefit to having a bunch of old badges?

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If it happens, it will be in prepatch.

No, blizzard hasn’t confirmed one way or the other.

The following items are immediately converted to gold:

Emblem of Heroism = 5.5 gold each
Emblem of Valor = 5.5 gold each
Emblem of Conquest = 5.5 gold each
Badge of Justice = 1.833 gold each

Your Justice Points total will be equal to (Emblems of Triumph + Emblems of Frost ) * 11.58

Your New Honor Points total will be the sum of the following amounts:

Old Honor * 0.024
Old Arena Points * 0.85
Battleground Mark of Honor * 2.976
Wintergrasp Mark of Honor * 19.08
Stone Keeper Shard * 1.6
Venture Coin * 3
Spirit Shard * 1

We are all hoping blizzard communicates with us soon. Fingers crossed for next week.

You have better luck winning the lottery.

So, assuming things will be converted the same they were back in the day, as someone who is rerolling to dwarf shaman in prepatch (and thus will not have a stockpile of emblems) I’d probably be best off converting all of my emblems down to heroism/valor/conquest in order to maximize gold? Seeing as I won’t actually need the justice points on this Druid since I won’t be playing them extensively in Cata

Yes, if you have no plans of using the JP early in Cata, there is no point in holding them for JP conversion. Downgrade and use the gold to assist in getting the shaman setup.

Keep in mind its not as much gold as you might think. 300 Badges is only worth 1,650gold based on the old exchange rate.