Bad sub rogue, trying to be a better sub rogue (Is gloom blade really that bad?)

Would grabbing gloom blade and dropping something (I thought about planned execution) actually result in a dps boost for me? I have generally been more casual and struggle with positioning and focusing rotation so I am currently trying to minimize the amount of stuff I need to keep up with while running stuff with guild mates.

I also plan on dropping thistle tea for cold blood to macro it with Secret Technique.

Any advice on taking the easy road to slightly above average?

1 Like

Backstab doesn’t contribute much to our damage in general even with staying behind the target. That’s why Gloomblade isn’t taken, that attack just isn’t a big contributor worth enhancing.

Dropping Thistle for Cold Blood is fine.

The main thing to watch for Sub is managing your Shadow Dance charges, you want to hold them until Symbols of Death is ready but not capping on both charges.

As for making it simpler, you can macro Shadow Blades and Flagellation together without too much damage loss.

1 Like

Pvp or pve? For pvp, you dont even want to press Backstab or Gloomblade unless shadowblade up and out of dance. Any build is fine, its only 50-100k different in 7s stun. Its how you play and kite til next stun dr. If you confident 90%+ win vs all class (same geared level)then you good. If 50/50 then you need to rewatch your game play to improve more. The best of Sub is not win 1v1. Its cross cc enemy healer and their team to win teamfight and thats require exp and skills.

It is a shame that backstab/gloom side fell down the wayside.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing: